Eric S'ennui

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

So I've been checking my city throughout the day (Richmond, Va).  Every showing I've checked today has nearly sold out by the time the movie started, including the 8:30-9:00 showings I just checked.  The later shows are looking very light, but that could change.

6 minutes ago, RtheEnd said:

I was  going with 92-94, see how that goes :)

357M IS ALIVE AND WELL, FOLKS!!!!

Edited by Sam
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 3

13 minutes ago, Sam said:

The OW record EG just pulled gonna have to be broken by an established franchise, it’s not gonna be an out-of-nowhere surprise hit.

EG had unprecedented pre-sales, basically signaling all theaters to move everything the hell out of the way and make the most accommodations they can in terms of show times for it. Full capacity if you will. That’s not something that can happen for a surprise walk up hit. 

So franchise-wise, I just don’t see anything at the moment that can replicate the level of hype EG is having, so that’s why I think it’ll take a while for the record to fall. 

How long? I don’t know, but I think it’ll be at least 5+ years

It has got be the MCU again with a new Avengers or an Harry Potter reunion. Nothing else can pull it off.

12 minutes ago, Sam said:

The OW record EG just pulled gonna have to be broken by an established franchise, it’s not gonna be an out-of-nowhere surprise hit.

EG had unprecedented pre-sales, basically signaling all theaters to move everything the hell out of the way and make the most accommodations they can in terms of show times for it. Full capacity if you will. That’s not something that can happen for a surprise walk up hit. 

So franchise-wise, I just don’t see anything at the moment that can replicate the level of hype EG is having, so that’s why I think it’ll take a while for the record to fall. 

How long? I don’t know, but I think it’ll be at least 5+ years

WB/DC’s second (hopefully much better) attempt at a Justice League in the next ten or so years maybe?

Avatar 5 assuming 2-4 are surprisingly necessary and universally praised?

Idk. In 2008 very few, if any saw the MCU taking off the way it did. In 2012 very few guessed it would continue sustaining/growing in the way that it did. I think it’s gonna have to be something with potential writing on the wall for a blockbuster success, but not something necessarily expected to be that huge.

357.7 would be cosmically correct, but “only” 1 true day over 100 is baaaaaasically a flop :ph34r:   

Oh well, guess Feige’s gotta leave himself some nice milestones for the next entires.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, tawasal said:

If it opened on friday, it could have made the 51m it burned off on wednesday and thursday inside the weekend spread out. 

You can't just include $51m worth of tickets without looking at the fact, that showtimes aren't endless.