Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

This isn’t about someone’s taste being weird.  I’m just frustrated with the hyperbole surrounding this movie, because it actively lessens my hype for it. It’s probably my fault for reading so much of this weekend thread anyway.  I’m exhausted too.  I should probably just sleep.

Don’t let others opinion influence your anticipation for the movie.

I would not assume all opinions of fans as hyperboles either.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

I mean I’m not sure why my comment generated the responses it did from those two users as if I was forcing them to share in my thoughts or something. All I did was share my opinion :thinking:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5cc29ba86371736149

@That One Guy my last comment on this. For me it’s not a hyperbole. I’ve watched so many films over the years, so many comic book movies, blockbusters etc I know what I enjoy in films and what I don’t. End Game gave ME everything I’ve ever wanted in not only a big budget blockbuster but a movie too. I’m not trying to hype the movie up or anything like that. It’s just a movie that imo hit on every single beat. Again this is just my opinion and others may agree or they may disagree. But you probably already know that other people’s opinions will always vary so don’t let them get in the way of how you’re feeling about a film going into it. 

Having said all of that, I really hope you enjoy it! And I’m sorry if my comments have contributed to how you feel about the film before going into it. 

• Like 14

Endgame did our equivalent of 53.4M at my theatre tonight (and that's taking into account the thing I mentioned in the tracking thread about losing sales due to stupid scheduling). 

Force Awakens "only" did 47.5M, so if Endgame follows that trajectory it's about 64M previews. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 4

11 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

This isn’t about someone’s taste being weird.  I’m just frustrated with the hyperbole surrounding this movie, because it actively lessens my hype for it. It’s probably my fault for reading so much of this weekend thread anyway.  I’m exhausted too.  I should probably just sleep.

At least your reaction wasn't as bad as the one depicted here:

That's some take right there, lemme tell ya. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

SW stands for Star Wars right? :ph34r: Because as I was watching it, I started thinking about how the generation before me got the blockbuster franchise like SW and how it would have been like watching it in theaters on the big screen. Really hope you enjoy it! 

Original SW was the 2nd film I saw in the theater.  I was able to go to the 1st show and just sit through every show until evening.  I saw it a ton.

Phantom Menace was crazy hype.  When tickets went on sale we had to wait in line at the boxoffice for 3 hours.

And of course TFA was the craziest OW I've ever seen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Endgame did our equivalent of 53.4M at my theatre tonight (and that's taking into account the thing I mentioned in the tracking thread about losing sales due to stupid scheduling). 

Force Awakens "only" did 47.5M, so if Endgame follows that trajectory it's about 64M previews. 

Force Awakens also opened is much less cinemas. 4,134 vs 4662

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I swear if this thing makes much more than 300m this weekend 1b is in play. 

I still can't see a 3x+ multiplier off a weekend that big.  Could def see an $850m dom finish though.

7 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Original SW was the 2nd film I saw in the theater.  I was able to go to the 1st show and just sit through every show until evening.  I saw it a ton.

Phantom Menace was crazy hype.  When tickets went on sale we had to wait in line at the boxoffice for 3 hours.

And of course TFA was the craziest OW I've ever seen.

I wish I could watch this endlessly during a day at the theater. But your story I’ve heard so many times from other movie buffs who were able to see the original SW movies in theaters. There was just something about watching it on the big screen and knowing it’d be a classic. That’s how I felt tonight lol 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nova said:

@That One Guy my last comment on this. For me it’s not a hyperbole. I’ve watched so many films over the years, so many comic book movies, blockbusters etc I know what I enjoy in films and what I don’t. End Game gave ME everything I’ve ever wanted in not only a big budget blockbuster but a movie too. I’m not trying to hype the movie up or anything like that. It’s just a movie that imo hit on every single beat. Again this is just my opinion and others may agree or they may disagree. But you probably already know that other people’s opinions will always vary so don’t let them get in the way of how you’re feeling about a film going into it. 

Having said all of that, I really hope you enjoy it! And I’m sorry if my comments have contributed to how you feel about the film before going into it. 

Just wait till May 10th though. Endgame won't sit on the perch for long 😏

• Like 1

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, captainwondyful said:

Question. Can the year be stacked on each one other? I have a month left. Didn’t know I bought now would that mean the new year starts in a month?

They can manually. The system won't do it for you so you'd have to tell me.

• Thanks 1