Eric Loves Rey

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

What movie from the next 5 years that could come close to this monstrosity, Avatar 2 (won't open that violently anyway but could be gigantic in the long run, like other cameron Behemoths) excepted ?

Have no clue personally.

Dora and The Lost City of Gold

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, setna said:

I think the only way in a next future to beat this brutal OW record is to make Disney a movie called "The skywalkers hire the avengers, x-men and batman to take Pandora"....

Yeah but it'll make $12 in China.

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

What movie from the next 5 years that could come close to this monstrosity, Avatar 2 (won't open that violently anyway but could be gigantic in the long run, like other cameron Behemoths) excepted ?

Have no clue personally.

We re in uncharted territory as far as OW, both Dom & WW.

Uglydolls comes out next week

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Have no clue personally.

I think we're in the phase of where we didn't think anything was topping the Avengers for a long while other than a sequel, and JW kinda came out of nowhere and did it.

But there's no follow up to Endgame (Avengers I mean) anytime soon and even if there was, I think we'd assume it can't top this. So...shrug. It'll happen when it happens, but the OW record usually doesn't (hasn't?) made it 5 years with one film

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

In a bit of non-Endgame related news...runtimes w/out credits and trailer attachments for next week:

Long Shot: 1:56. Wick 3 and Anna are attachments

The Intruder: 1:37. Attachments unknown (likely Brightburn and Overcomer)

El Chicano: 1:42.

Uglydolls has not yet updated

• Like 2

From the South Korea thread:

30 minutes ago, Fish&chips said:

I think the real differentiating factor for Endgame is how well it will hold week 2 onwards. I saw a report after OD that said repeat viewings were 2.2%, which basically means 2 out of the 100 people were repeat viewers. That’s basically unheard of at that stage of release. 

So 2.2% of people on OPENING DAY were repeat viewers... With no midnights that's absurd. That's around 30,000 people took 7 hours out of their day to watch Endgame. That's just batshit bonkers.

People here are really underestimating the legs this thing might have

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Have no clue personally.

We re in uncharted territory as far as OW, both Dom & WW.

If the new Batman delivers a DC team up film that is good with well established characters possibly...

• Haha 1

Just now, darthdevidem01 said:

If the new Batman delivers a DC team up film that is good with well established characters possibly...

Still not coming even close to close to this. Nothing is coming close in the the next 5 years. You don’t get something like this from 1 nice Batman movie and then a team up. People need to get this out of their heads