Eric Loves Rey

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I doubt Avengers 5 makes more than Endgame, but then again, all of the consecutive Avengers films have been record breakers, even if theoretically (shut up, you know Ultron would have beaten Avengers' 207 were it not for the boxing match on Saturday), so you never know.

Maybe if some huge storyline comes ahead for A5 like Secret Wars or something where the X-Men and Fantastic Four come into play, and the new Avenger household names (Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Spidey, Strange, Ant-Man, etc.) are all really strongly estabilished, we could see another OW breaker there. Although they should take at least a good 5, 6, maybe 7 years before another Avengers movie.

Based on how little we’ve heard about Phase 4 films, I doubt we get A5 until 2023 at the earliest. Waiting until 2025 or 2026 would be better imo

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sam said:

Yeah no. It’s not directly comparable (aka expecting the same type of drops) when EG just got a preview number that was 50%+ over IW.

You’ll be looking at close to 400M OW if it follows IW from now lol. 

$350m you mean, from a $145m Friday.  But yeh that would be insane lol. 

The previews might not be the only thing to increase though, interest could be spread amongst the other days too. Or it could be more front loaded, which is obviously understandable. 

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

I don’t know which part I should be more alarmed about. That you’re doing the dirty with your best friend, or that you plan on thinking of someone else while doing said dirty. 

Keep on being you though. I love it lol.

I was getting seriously concerned reading that post. My thought process was "uhh, what?" then "wait, you did what with WHO" and then "ewww nooooo what are you doing stop now". Then I finally read the username and realised "oh, it's just James, business as usual move along". It was a hell of a rollercoaster

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Based on how little we’ve heard about Phase 4 films, I doubt we get A5 until 2023 at the earliest. Waiting until 2025 or 2026 would be better imo

I imagine Phase 4's plans will be revealed at Comic Con or D23 this year, just before Far From Home (which I'm fairly sure at this point is finally gotta get that 1B WW gross that has been so elusive to Spider-Man films, btw), especially since we all know about Black Widow and Eternals at this point.

But yeah, no Avengers 5 until 2025-27 would be good.

Just now, Sam said:

Rank the Infinity Stones

Reality definitely got the biggest glow up in between Thor the dark world and Infinity War. From a random red goop to being able to turn people into cubes and all manner of cool optical shit.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

Great numbers. 

Do you guys think 300 is going to happen with this number? I had the feeling we would need around 65 previews to get to 300.

Infinity War got a 2.4x weekend multiplier. 

If EG has done $145m it would have to miss a 2.1x to miss $300m. 

I cant see that happening. $300m is the floor. 

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

Reality definitely got the biggest glow up in between Thor the dark world and Infinity War. From a random red goop to being able to turn people into cubes and all manner of cool optical shit.

Damn, that’s true lol.

If I can only have one Infinity stone though, I’d chose Space for myself.

Preview to OD Multipliers:
Avengers - 4.322
Iron Man 3 - 4.414
Age of Ultron - 3.059
Civil War - 3.020
Black Panther - 3.014

Marvel films have become far more frontloaded than they used to be. I'd be SHOCKED if this got a 3.0 multi for the previews. $117 is the absolute max it will do today. Probably closer to $110 mil OD.

Now for the Preview to OW Multipliers:
Avengers - 11.09
Iron Man 3 - 11.163
Age of Ultron - 6.93
Civil War - 7.166
Black Panther - 8.016

If it matched AOU, that would put it at $270 mil OW. But it will probably go lower, I'd say closer to 6.5, but that would put it at $253.5 mil OW.

Gonna be close.

So the Preview to OD Multiplier was an ESTIMATED 2.717. And the Preview to OW Multiplier was an ESTIMATED 6.62. So I was pretty dead on. But those are the two worst numbers Marvel has ever had.

Ultron had a 2.4 multi for the OW to Total, Civil War had a 2.28 multi, and Black Panther has had a 3.4! multi.

I'd think this is headed to around a 2.5, maybe 2.6. So the final total is PROBABLY going to be around $645 mil - $671 mil.

My post from IW last year...

If Endgame matches those IW numbers... 

That would be a $163.6 mil OD! With the same OW multiplier, that's a $396.5 mil OW!!!

Obviously the previews are going to skew the weekend numbers. But I think it at best it's looking at a 3.0 OW-Total multiplier. And for $1 bil to happen, it would need a $370 mil OW.

What movie from the next 5 years that could come close to this monstrosity, Avatar 2 (won't open that violently anyway but could be gigantic in the long run, like other cameron Behemoths) excepted ?

Have no clue personally.

We re in uncharted territory as far as OW, both Dom & WW.

Edited by The Futurist