Eric the IF

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

6 minutes ago, Menor said:

I don't think it's impossible. I wouldn't bet on it just yet but it would be a similar percentage increase to IW first Saturday

Hence the nearly. What is possible is being redefined by End Game as we speak :D

37 minutes ago, GirafficPark said:

GoT will be spoiled online even more than Endgame, No one I know is picking Endgame over GoT. Remember most people know what to expect, even if only in broad terms from Endgame, GoT this weekend is going to be a complete surprise to everyone.

Such bull... People don't care much about GoT.... This is MCU and it's Endgame time ... It's smoking every record there is which was thought to be impossible. Now you are talking about someone you know is prioritizing GoT over Endgame well here all of my friends , family members are going for Endgame who to believe hmmm

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 2
  • Knock It Off 2

12 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Hold up there fella

Still a long way to go.

This is the real swing at Jim in 22 years and it's taken 22mcu films of build up to get there, kinda poetic if even in a studio manufacturered heartless sort of way. If the MCU misses now they'll never be at the top, they'll fizzle out before they can touch Avatar 5.

To be fair he has a point. The 2 biggest franchises ever, one with 10 years of hype and the other with a 22 movie arc might fail to take down a single, random movie that had no built in fanbase at all, no build up, and relatively little hype. Snark aside Endgames success really drives home how incredible Avatars achievement was.

Edited by GirafficPark
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Just to give an idea of what Sat is, a certain number was 18.5k yesterday, its 21.5k today. Its crazy.

For IW that was 11k and 12k respectively.

Like one theater?

In all seriousness, do we expect an increase WW for Avatar 2?

China, definitely, but domestic and other major markets I see decreasing (maybe significantly in some cases)...

But, hell, maybe it's just me feeling like this.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, Nero said:

Such bull... People don't care much about GoT.... This is MCU and it's Endgame time ... It's smoking every record there is which was thought to be impossible. Now you are talking about someone you know is prioritizing GoT over Endgame well here all of my friends , family members are going for Endgame who to believe hmmm

ehfw1nxfq0211.gif

I didn't like this season so far but that's far too much.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GirafficPark said:

To be fair he has a point. The 2 biggest franchises ever, one with 10 years of hype and the other with a 22 movie arc might fail to take down a single, random movie that had no built in fanbase as all, no build up, and relatively little hype. Snark aside Endgames success really drives home how incredible Avatars achievement was.

Looks like someone’s just here to troll against EG  🙄 

• Knock It Off 4

24 minutes ago, Nero said:

No, thats why it gets nearly a billion viewers from all sources, legal or not. More people are watching GoT this Sunday through Tuesday than Endgame Friday to Sunday, that's really not debatable.

Not really sure why this is controversial to many on here. TV gets more viewers than cinema does.

Edited by GirafficPark
  • Haha 3

Just now, reddevil19 said:

In all seriousness, do we expect an increase WW for Avatar 2?

China, definitely, but domestic and other major markets I see decreasing (maybe significantly in some cases)...

But, hell, maybe it's just me feeling like this.

Asia is wild card. I expect Europe and may be Domestic to drop but Asia has grown very well.

But then thing is, Avatar "was" and now its just world' highest grossing film. Ask anyone what's name of lead character, most won't know here in India. If Avatar is able to give that unique experience of original it will again go crazy and considering level of Asia now, that crazy is very wild.

• ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Just to give an idea of what Sat is, a certain number was 18.5k yesterday, its 21.5k today. Its crazy.

For IW that was 11k and 12.5k respectively.

You do this and tell people not to @ you

:apocalypse: