Eric the Fall Guy

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

i don t understand this GOT thing you think people are dumb? D

for me if i m a fan of GOT i lll watch it tomorrow night but BEFORE i have watched EG either earlier this sunday or saturday or friday

i mean you can do BOTH in a period of 72h no? or i miss something?

It s not like the superbowl kind off

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

I personally prefer IW as well. I just think it's a better overall movie. But EG has the better character and emotional beats and it's a perfect end to the current series. I do think there are plenty of people who agree with that, even if it is the minority. All the people I have spoken to in person have felt the same way, so I don't think it's THAT insanely rare...

I am one of those "plenty of people who agree with that, even if it is the minority".  As the hype settles, and the emotion calms down, more people will see things objectively. The post you responded to was certainly unnecessarily emotional charged ("insane"), but nothing compared to 10 years ago when any slight doubt on Nolan's movies would draw the most vehement responses from Nolanites.

• Founder / Operator

I've never really felt GoT would take away from Endgame, or vice versa. Sure, a few people may opt to stay at home for the live viewing/stream launch, but that's fairly late at night for the 25+ audience with jobs on Monday. Most of those people don't usually go to late movies on Sundays, and GoT can be streamed at any time in any location versus Endgame being a theatrical experience that requires planning.

That being said, several 6pm and 7pm Sunday shows of Endgame in my area are sold out, and others are on the verge of it. From what I've seen on a wider scale, I don't see any kind of sharp drop happening on Sunday. Quite the opposite, actually.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 8

4 minutes ago, RealCaptMarvel said:

Game of Trash is a speck of dust beneath MARVEL and King Feigi's fingernails 

Careful man, don't make me start knocking  the MCU.  I've already got my knives sharpened and a jar of salt ready for the wounds for the spamming Cameron Cultists in the fanboy war thread when this thing snaps Avatar to dust soon

Edited by Ozymandias

2 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

As usual, discussions revolve around absolutes, it's just one or the other, all or nothing, never a middle option. 

To say people don't care about GOT is ridiculous, given its viewing figures. But the point is that with GOT there are a lot of options to push the viewing back a few hours. And, of course, domestic-only, the figures for GoT live viewing pale in comparison to what EG is putting up, so I definitely think that if there is a conflict of interest, people will put GoT off for a few hours. 

More likely though, the conflict doesn't exist. GoT is not a 4 hour live event, with a 3 hour pre-show or something. The impact from one on the other will be minimal, I think.

Probably right, but again, live viewers for GoT is hard to track since HBO dont give absolute viewing figures, they give accounts viewing. That might be in the region of 15M accounts viewing live tomorrow night in the US, how many of those are 2 or 3 people, or more? GoT may have as many viewers live as EG gets ticket sales for the whole weekend.

As I said though, I dont think GoT will hurt Endgames total, but it might push people to Friday or Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Bonenash said:

i don t understand this GOT thing you think people are dumb? D

for me if i m a fan of GOT i lll watch it tomorrow night but BEFORE i have watched EG either earlier this sunday or saturday or friday

i mean you can do BOTH in a period of 72h no? or i miss something?

It s not like the superbowl kind off

No it’s not hard at all 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GirafficPark said:

No, thats why it gets nearly a billion viewers from all sources, legal or not. More people are watching GoT this Sunday through Tuesday than Endgame Friday to Sunday, that's really not debatable.

Jesus I am specifically talking about this Sunday... Well whatever I don't wanna continue this convo . Good  luck with watching GOT. Have fun

2 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Do we know if Disney gets the typical 50% dom bo share from theaters for EG, or managed a bigger share ala TLJ? (60% if i recall well).

65% - they've been getting that since I think Ultron.  I don't know if it's for all of MCU or just their larger event movies.  They got that for CW and AIW. 

IM3 was 60% and that was the first time they raised their rate from the standard 55% (Deadline said they were on of the last studio to do that so other studios also raise the % for larger tent poles. It wsn't raised for the first Avengers)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

lol at Cochofles

I saw that they finally ban the alt account. 

Can’t believe it took the mod that long lol