Eric Prime

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

4 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

$350 million.  I knew they’d report that. Called it! 

Disney always low balls Sun lol...much like Bucky always only using a machine gun, it's their running joke at this point.

Edited by FTF
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Whatever it takes.

$1.209B Global Estimate (5 Days)

$109.0M Saturday Estimate Domestic

Fri: $156.7M

Sat: $109.0M

Sun: $84.3M

Dom Wknd: $350.0M

(official Disney #s)

This will definitely go up with actuals. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 1Robert1 said:

Ryan Reynolds, Ben Afleck and many others appeared in Marvel movies and DC movies so The Rock can play someone more significant than Black Adam.

well... doesn't matter what he can play, he is playing Black Adam.

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Not a rule but a possible viewing pattern. How audience for those movies behaves. Intrest is the highest for the first entry. declines for the second. increases for the third but not to the first movie level.

however, this isn't quite accurate because ANH was re-released so many times it's hard to find the original run number and how it compared to original ESB run. those were different times. movies essayed in theaters for almost a year or something. 

also that this is not the "third"/final film, this is the fifth film in this iteration of movies and we all know there are more coming.

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'm just joking. but yes, I think records will fall sooner than people think cause now is easier to create a perfect storm. I mean, EG demolished IW's record and will make 3 billie after IW's 2 billie. those types of numbers (2 billie) will soon become more frequent thanks to expanded markets, inflation, increasing number of IMAX, AVX, VIP, etc specialty screens that charge more. 

TFA needed 40 years build up EG 11 years, even if in future there will be easier to make 2 billion it still will be extremely challenging to beat EG OW. Obviously Disney will do their best so i don't think that avengers/justice league cross-over is unreal. 

2 minutes ago, Avatree said:

clearly not hype driven when Solo flops despite being well liked ?

ultimately if the interest is not there, it will not be returning the same box office numbers as the previous film. I really do think interest in the series has plummeted and it will take a lot of time and healing for it to recover (if it ever does).

The problem is the reason Star Wars is so well loved, is because of its place in people's childhoods. The more people realise that these new movies are not part of their childhood, the sooner they lose interest in the series.

Solo isn't an episode, it wasn't much wanted, had well publicised production issues and was released too closely to a main episode movie.

We can argue about it until December of you like, but ultimately we will have to wait and see.

• Thanks 1

Endgame needs 2.3 multiplier WW to top Avatar, I don't see how that doesn't happen, WOM is through the roof and there are sold out shows for Monday morning(I am talking about India but this is going to happen other places as well). Signs are there for it to become the 1st movie to breach $3B WW.