sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

For theater counts and averages, green = estimates

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days

Previews The Intruder Sony Pictures $865,000   2,073 $417   $865,000  
Previews Long Shot Lionsgate $660,000   2,500 $264   $660,000  

Previews UglyDolls STX Entertainment $300,000   2,250 $133   $300,000  

Runtimes w/out credits and attachments for next week's releases:

Detective Pikachu: 1:37. Attachments unknown (probably...nothing? Nothing down the docket that would probably get a trailer in front of this, unless they really want to start promo for Scooby)

Tolkien: 1:46. Attachments unknown (probably Lucy in the Sky and Stuber)

The Hustle: 1:28. Attachments are Booksmart and Where'd You Go, Bernadette?

Poms hasn't updated yet. But the attachments will probably be My Spy and Playmobil

Just now, Biggestgeekever said:

Far From Home's second trailer probably hits Monday, so that would seem like a given to be with Detective Pikachu... unless they're so serious about spoilers that it won't show in theaters for awhile longer.

Generally though, trailers "attached" to movies come from the same studio.

• Like 1

Just now, Biggestgeekever said:

Far From Home's second trailer probably hits Monday, so that would seem like a given to be with Detective Pikachu... unless they're so serious about spoilers that it won't show in theaters for awhile longer.

Monday would be my guess aswell, as the Russo’s said the Endgame spoiler hammer lifts on Monday. I’m expecting a very different trailer compared to the first one.

30 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Runtimes w/out credits and attachments for next week's releases:

Detective Pikachu: 1:37. Attachments unknown (probably...nothing? Nothing down the docket that would probably get a trailer in front of this, unless they really want to start promo for Scooby)

Warner Bros doesn't have any family films coming up this year but a Scoob teaser would make sense, they released a Smallfoot teaser 9 months before release and Lego Batman a year before release plus with this year being Scooby-Doo's 50th anniversary, I think a teaser with DP then a full trailer in September.

Edited by Jonwo

Long Shot is going to have insane wom. I don't know how strong its going to open but it's going to be a crowd-pleaser for sure. It's an old-school romantic comedy with the classic Seth Rogen vernacular tossed into it. Charlize Theron and Seth Rogen are so good and they have fantastic chemistry and it's one of the funniest films I've seen probably ever. It's too bad Lionsgate didn't promote it a bit more because they could have had a really big hit on their hands.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

Long Shot is going to have insane wom. I don't know how strong its going to open but it's going to be a crowd-pleaser for sure. It's an old-school romantic comedy with the classic Seth Rogen vernacular tossed into it. Charlize Theron and Seth Rogen are so good and they have fantastic chemistry and it's one of the funniest films I've seen probably ever. It's too bad Lionsgate didn't promote it a bit more because they could have had a really big hit on their hands.

I am going to see it on Monday. The trailer was really good. Glad to see that it got a raving review from you.

1 hour ago, IceFire9yt said:

If it follows IW:

Friday: 43.4M (+102.9%)

Saturday: 64.4M (+48.4%)

Sunday: 50.6M (-21.5%)

Total: 158.4M (-55.6%)

If it follows TA:

Friday: 50.5M (+135.8%)

Saturday: 74.1M (+46.8%)

Sunday: 53.4M (-27.9%)

Total: 178M (-50.2%)

My prediction:

Friday: 46.9M (+119%)

Saturday: 68.9M (+47%)

Sunday: 55.1M (-20%)

Total: 170.9M (-52.1%)

$200m or bust !

I've been aware of Ugly Dolls since their humble beginnings in my comic book store in the early 00's...I always saw them as a niche toy brand for geeks, but I know they did break out for awhile about 7-10 years ago...

But that was 7-10 years ago...and that's a lifetime in the toy world...this movie was 1st planned in 2011, and back then, at the tail end of the craze, that may have been enough to sell the movie...

But that was then...and this is now...and just having music stars and a been there, done that toy isn't enough to sell the movie at $50 for a family of 4.  The proper "customer moving price" was probably $20 for a family of 4 (like Wonder Park) - at that price, I'd have given it a shot just to hear the music...but not at the current number, especially when I have Endgame to watch Tuesday and Pikachu to watch the week after...

PS - Aladdin has realized it needs to hit the promotion game early to grab families, so it has a "free ticket with kids meal" started with Subway...

PPS - Ugly Dolls has a $45M production budget, so without a miracle overseas, this one is gonna hurt...maybe worse than Wonder Park did, since WP did actually earn some eyes and revenue:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, AndyK said:

$200m or bust !

I jumped right into $200m train after the weekend but I guess now is the time to admit our failure and settle for a weak record breaking $150m-$180m haul. Smh what a flop...

• Knock It Off 1