sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

5 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Yeah, but TFAs late legs looked really bad compared to the first 17 days, somewhere on here there should be a list about late legs.

TFA made 79% of its gross in first 17 days, IW 81%.   

TFA 3.15x 3rd weekend multi, IW 3.1x.    

You might be thinking of @MagnarTheGreat‘s days to 90% stamina list?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Parking lot report:

the parking lot fee is $10 so I didn’t look. Auditorium is full tho 🤗

This is why I’m glad I live in Texas. $10 fee for a movie theater parking is ridiculous.

• Like 1

If EG follows IW's 2nd weekend percentages it makes 43.7 friday, 64.85 saturday and 50.91 for a total of 159.46, bringing its domestic tally to 633.35

This is almost 39% higher than IW's gross after 2 weekends and 17.3% higher than TFA's

It would need exactly 307mn more to beat TFA

Just for reference, TFA made 396mn after its 2nd weekend and IW made 227mn.

If EG keeps performing 39% higher than IW it'll end up with 315mn for a total of 949mn, which breaks the record.

Maybe my math is wrong though I;m in a rush

4 minutes ago, bleachella said:

I did it! It was one of the most nerve-racking things I've ever done but I survived! I stumbled over my words (I sometimes stutter when I'm anxious and knowing this of course makes me even more anxious-it's an annoying cycle) and totally embarrassed myself but it could have been much worse. And the cashier I talked with was a nice and really cute girl so this wasn't an all bad experience.:sparta:

I feel legit proud of myself now, I feel like I could do anything lol. Let's hope the friday actuals will be a bit higher than expected, that would be the icing on the cake.

Yay! I love a success story.

Enjoy your rewatch! 

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

TFA made 79% of its gross in first 17 days, IW 81%.   

TFA 3.15x 3rd weekend multi, IW 3.1x.    

You might be thinking of @MagnarTheGreat‘s days to 90% stamina list?

I know, but the high weekdays and great first two weekend holds gave hope for more (I didn't have an account back then but I looked here from time to time).

Which is why I said compared to the first 17 days the legs look bad, overall they were totally fine.

26 minutes ago, LinksterAC said:

Every 3-hour movie I’ve tracked has seen stronger-than-average Saturday bumps.  But you’re right, it’s been a while, and none have opened at this scale.

That said, I think effectively the net conclusion is the same: we should wait and see how Saturday is performing for EG before drawing conclusions about the weekend. 

Having mulled this hypothesis (longer movies relatively weaker on weekdays) over for a bit, I think it’s a pretty strong one, but may have been getting masked by the initial rush of demand (97 pure Friday for a 3 hour movie, lul).        

We’ll just have to wait 12 hours and see how Sat is playing, but on the optimistic side I could see a 3.8 IM for a 156M weekend. That would be a solid true FSS drop. 

• Like 1