sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

Eh, maybe the film will have a better Saturday increase than Infinity War, we'll see. I still think it could reach 150+mil off of a 41mil Friday. Around 41mil is a fine number.  People expected far too much. I never believed that it's Friday was going above 43mil after seeing that Thursday number. It made no sense for its Thursday to Friday increase to be much better than Infinity War's so the 120-130% increase projections were weird. Anyway, I love these big numbers but it sucks how the movie has killed everything. Here's hoping DP opens well. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Anyone think that the nba playoff game with the nuggets and Portland effected west coast shows ?

that was like once in life time game. 4 overtime’s in a playoff game 

Nah it happily coexisted with Game of Thrones last Sunday

• Like 3

Before it released I didn't think AEG was locked to grow over AIW's 680 dom and BP's 700. It's gonna ease past 800 dom and should go north of 850. Mind-bending boxoffice no matter how it behaves from now on. Once it broke AIW's ow record by nearly 100 AEG could have dropped >70% in 2nd weekend and it wouldn't be disappointing.

40 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I think it's because it's below TFA which had another week of holiday legs while EG is facing its first bigger competition next week. for us who are rooting for EG over TFA, this isn't the best news. but today jump could change odds in our favor. 

I thought conventional wisdom was that for a three hour film you always wait to see what that Saturday jump is going to be.

Edited by LinksterAC

Just now, FilmBuff said:

NFL draft had a much bigger impact than the GOT. Endgame still decimated the OW record.

Not sure how that's quantifiable, given Endgame set the preview night record during round 1, and the Friday record during rounds 2 and 3, and broke the Sunday record by more than $20 million.

I think it's fair to say that neither the draft or GOT had a quantifiable impact on Endgame.

Just now, John Marston said:

Noo! I want Force Awakens defeated dammit

Should Endgame come under 150M 2nd weekend, that looks like a too lofty goal more than ever. What really sets TFA apart is its 2nd set of weekdays; Endgame will suffer heavily in direct comparison and a 90M+ 3rd weekend for Endgame is probably also a bit too high.

And lets not act like TFA had bad late legs.

• Like 1