sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

10 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Folks i like everyone to remember that during IW's run the Friday numbers always let some people here say "Disappointment" or "Thats a bit low". And then Saturday jumped massively and everyone was happy again.

thinking with 62 million Saturday right now.

148 million

622 total.

Edited by Lordmandeep

Using fri a little above deadline's fri with very good sat and sun, 

64 +55%

51 -20%

= 156.5

Feel it will end up high 140s to low 150s.

• Like 2

Just now, Menor said:

If that 40.8 holds then TFA looks safe. Sigh

Well this thread didn't disappoint. Meltdown city after an unconfirmed Friday. Personally I'm gonna wait till Saturday confirmed before declaring anything. Additionally the difference between 150-170 can easily be made up. We have zero idea what the very late legs will he. They absolutely sucked for IW so they don't have to be much better after the first month.

1 minute ago, a2k said:

64 +55%

51 -20%

= 156.5

Yeah I mean if it does 156.5 that was the about the reasonable prediction that the majority wanted. A few people (me included) wanted 165-175 to be help better secure a run at TFA. That said I would be THRILLED with 155ish. It's still a massive chunk above IW and with DP looking less likely to break out next weekend could be great.

1 minute ago, Cynosure said:

I'm hoping Avatar keeps the WW crown if only because I don't want to see a sequel movie sit at the top of the rankings. I'd rather have an original movie. 

would have only lasted 18 more months anyway!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

52 minutes ago, Nakamura said:

Not relate to this thread but just curious, is the way the OS-China work the same as DOM one? Big jump on friday, continue to be highed on saturday, lower a bit on sunday? 

Not really, no big jump on Friday

I'm hoping Avatar keeps the WW crown if only because I don't want to see a sequel movie sit at the top of the rankings. I'd rather have an original movie. 

But it’s harder for sequel to do it. Proven by history

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, a2k said:

64 +55%

51 -20%

= 156.5

As long as Endgames 2nd Saturday doesnt outgross JW's first (69,6M), everything is fine and well.

• Astonished 1

Avatar WW crown is dead. Just waiting now. 

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

As long as Endgames 2nd Saturday doesnt outgross JW's first (69,6M), everything is fine and well.

Lol Gonna need like 41.5 for Friday and a 70% increase. I think you're safe.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Well this thread didn't disappoint. Meltdown city after an unconfirmed Friday. Personally I'm gonna wait till Saturday confirmed before declaring anything. Additionally the difference between 150-170 can easily be made up. We have zero idea what the very late legs will he. They absolutely sucked for IW so they don't have to be much better after the first month.

Yeah but once Endgame starts dropping worse than IW I doubt it will suddenly start holding better with more competition. That said, yeah it's probably best to wait for today's numbers

• Like 1

It's absolutely destroying IW and the absolute max with perfect attendance was near 200. Screen count is waaaaaay lower than last week. Not theater count but screen count. You can't eat up 90% of all screens in the second weekend. 

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

The guy literally wrote 7 words. It’s, people who always whine about “meltdowns” that are writing bs post after bs post as if they are forum police or something. Last year’s IW’s 2nd U.S weekend prevented it from passing BP domestically and TFA (worldwide), 2 substantial achievements.

• Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

It's absolutely destroying IW and the absolute max with perfect attendance was near 200. Screen count is waaaaaay lower than last week. Not theater count but screen count. You can't eat up 90% of all screens in the second weekend. 

Yeah but I was hoping for 160, hence why I would want a 44+ million Friday. I don't think that's an impossible goal for this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thrylos 7 said:

The guy literally wrote 7 words. It’s, people who always whine about “meltdowns” that are writing bs post after bs post as if they are forum police or something. Last year’s IW’s 2nd U.S weekend prevented it from passing BP domestically and TFA (worldwide), 2 substantial achievements.

He wrote SFA is safe after an unconfirmed Friday number that is historically low day with a typical huge Saturday.  It's fine people overreact all the time (self included). Eat a snickers.