oMeriMombatti

Tuesday Numbers - 05/14/19 | A:EG - 5.7, DP - 5.4

A lot of smaller theatres around me (including my own) that don’t have weekly matinees have cut their Endgame shows to one showing per screen per night instead of 2. Simply due to the length of the movie.

Wonder how many theatres are doing that, and how much of an impact that might be having.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Still not sure $850m is happening and it's definitely not locked, people need to learn to use the work locked.

Like A2 is locked to pass the first? ;)

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

19 hours ago, Juby said:

I have a strange feeling that Tuesday will be $5,7M max. Wednesday and Thursday also might be worse than Infinity War had.

It seems I was right yesterday. ;)

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

Yikes... this isn't even gonna reach 850 at this point. I mean I kinda expected it to crumble because of the massive opening weekend but still. Perhaps they should have made the movie shorter. Guess Avatar is safe after all. 

• Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Yikes... this isn't even gonna reach 850 at this point. I mean I kinda expected it to crumble because of the massive opening weekend but still. Perhaps they should have made the movie shorter. Guess Avatar is safe after all. 

runtime may affect daily gross, but won't change overall gross for a film in cinemas for 4 months+

• Like 3

Runtime has nothing to do with legs. Titanic was 194-minutes long film and it had the most incredible legs in history. Avatar also was very long film with big opening and great legs (it was 162 minutes, I believe).  If someone really want to see a film once more in cinema, he/she will, no matte how log it is. Endgame has worse legs, just because everyone who want to see the film, saw it in the very first week.

23 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Yikes... this isn't even gonna reach 850 at this point.

It still has a good chance, even to be close to $860M. Lets see how it will drop in the next two weekends.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Its simple, Endgame has overperformed $150mn atleast in USA from what was the Realistic expectations.

Yeah, the 1st Monday & Tuesday number made it look like that Billion dollar is happening but $850-875mn is absolutely great on non-Christmas.

As I said yesterday, doing $500mn after opening weekend, only 3 films have done till date, all christmas.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4
  • Astonished 1