oMeriMombatti

Tuesday Numbers - 05/14/19 | A:EG - 5.7, DP - 5.4

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Poor MCU, it only gets prime summer release dates, aggressive marketing campaigns, endless success with each film, and a movie that's about to come close to 3 billion dollars.  Clearly all that's missing is a December release date (a month which never had a 100M opener until Star Wars)

And it could have all that + December release which would result in 1 billion domestic gross. Avatar, Titanic and TFA were all released in December. MCU deserves it as well.

• Knock It Off 1

3 hours ago, HeadShot said:

Yikes... this isn't even gonna reach 850 at this point. I mean I kinda expected it to crumble because of the massive opening weekend but still. Perhaps they should have made the movie shorter. Guess Avatar is safe after all. 

Can you please remove yourself from the forums if it does?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Andreas said:

What's up with this overreaction? I didn't try to "wheedle out more" from @Charlie Jatinder, didn't even say that the projection is inaccurate. Just tried expressing my own opinion, so that trolls won't come concern-trolling us about that specific projection. Am I not allowed to do so?

Overreaction? Did you even read through the post, see what finals can have an impact on? I work for a school since some years (main profession something else), my pupils are in their finals too in these weeks, I see pretty clearly how fast younger people / YA can get distracted, in especial whilst trying to be helpful.

I worded it explicit to all members here at BOT.

What your part in it is in my POV:

if you use the spread-sheet, that was obviously not up-to-date and comment on it's probable inaccuracy (again), then that is not simple to stay away from, to feel the need to update or comment, give explanations... beside not having the time for it.

Imagine having a much loved hobby, interest, passion, whatever, and having to abstain for a few weeks for a reason. That is difficult even without tries to discuss posts or other provided material, getting pinged, quoted,.... and so on

And what you did now:

why ping him even after the reminder of letting him learn?

Is it that difficult to show some self-discipline till the date he named?

48 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Can you please remove yourself from the forums if it does?

Yeah if it passes Avatar I'll celebrate by going on a coke binge and probably end up overdosing and die. So you won't see me again. 

Oh stop this shit people 850M is given at this point. Applying this Tuesday to the run of AoU, Civil War, Guardians 2 and Infinity War gives us 870M, 835M, 865M and 855M respectively. IT. IS. STABILIZING. And there's a FFH boost at the end.

WW will be a close call, but 635M China + 1.300B OS-China already take it to 2.785B. No shit it's not gonna get there.

19 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Horrible endgame number. Down from infinity war...wow.

Yes, wow!  Nevermind all the stuff about how Endgame has blown right past Infinity War  both domestic, overseas, and worldwide and just focus on this one day 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Avengers Endgame is already over $700m+ dom and will tap out around $850m.

The "its crumbling" talk doesn't really track because its already fucking huge (especially since it's essentially a pre-summer movie).

The movie could end up being the highest grossing movie of all time WW unadjusted. That's pretty much the end of the story.

1 minute ago, Deep Wang said:

Yes, wow!  Nevermind all the stuff about how Endgame has blown right past Infinity War  both domestic, overseas, and worldwide and just focus on this one day 

Its IW's run all over again with that troll.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

21 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Oh stop this shit people 850M is given at this point. Applying this Tuesday to the run of AoU, Civil War, Guardians 2 and Infinity War gives us 870M, 835M, 865M and 855M respectively. IT. IS. STABILIZING. And there's a FFH boost at the end.

Since when was the movie stabilising lol? Aren't you the same guy on reddit who said that the movie will 95% beat Avatar? And the FFH boost will be like 2 mil max. Endgame won't be in enough cinemas to get a boost. Endgame has been having a great run but let's not get too optimistic either.

Edited by lorddemaxus

2 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

Not just locked to pass the first, I've been told many times that it's locked for $4 billies as well.

Inflation helps too. Release date 2059, 50 year anniversary from Avatar 9.

What the hell am I even reading here. It’s obvious that Endgame is topping Avatar worldwide. It doesn’t need even get to $850m to go there. Jatinder thinks it happens around mid June, I think it’s even earlier. It’s currently less than $280m to get there with the domestic Tuesday numbers alone.

It will crawl by it and keep going for a while. $2.8B is a done deal.

• Like 1

Sort of what I expected from AE. It has largely performed below IW on weekdays since about day 5. 

I do believe the 3-hr runtime does hurt it on weekdays a little. 

I don't expect much bump from FFH. People saw CM because they thought it was going to be integral to seeing AE (even though that turned out to be largely untrue). I doubt many are going to see AE again thinking they need to see it in order to understand FFH. I don't think many in the GA are going to think I need to see a 3-hr movie to understand what is happening in this 2-hr  movie.

It's going to end around 850 give or take 10M DOM. That is a heck of a run. The movie just goes to show there is only so much demand, so if you meet it upfront you are not going to have as much repeat business late - because most of it already occurred.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

What the hell am I even reading here. It’s obvious that Endgame is topping Avatar worldwide. It doesn’t need even get to $850m to go there. Jatinder thinks it happens around mid June, I think it’s even earlier. It’s currently less than $280m to get there with the domestic Tuesday numbers alone.

It will crawl by it and keep going for a while. $2.8B is a done deal.

I too think it'll pass Avatar but there are scenarios in which it doesn't, don't use words like "done deal" so lightly

Week-over-week, Endgame is down 54% for Tuesday (after 56% Monday)...on Wednesday, I expect week-over-week numbers to keep settling, probably to roughly 50% (maybe a little less)...this is what stabilizing looks like for an end of run.  Next week, week-over-week should settle into the 40s...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

And as I mentioned in yesterday's thread, nobody, and I mean nobody can be disappointed in a movie that will end up as the biggest grossing film worldwide. Your expectations were just out of whack and not that I am some massive boxofficeguru by any stretch but A film that opened to a hundred million dollars more than the next closest film was bound to have somewhat shaky legs. The upfront demand for end game was just so massive. That means that hoards of people were seeing it three or four or five times in the first 10 days. You have nowhere to go but down from there. take me for an example. I saw end game three times in four days and I have not seen it since. I do plan on seeing it again before it leaves theaters but these legs make complete sense when you put it in perspective.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3