oMeriMombatti

Tuesday Numbers - 05/14/19 | A:EG - 5.7, DP - 5.4

3 hours ago, HeadShot said:

Yes he should. For prioritising Star Wars and Avatar and giving them the December release dates. MCU has earned that goodwill  

It's time to step away from the computer. Just go take a walk or make some peanut butter and jam or something. But you come across as a hyper ventilating teenager throwing a temper tantrum at his computer. Just go take a breather my friend.

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

@Deep Wang @baumer, since you are way more knowledgeable than me and was probably around for Avatar topping Titanic back in 2010, I’d like to know what do you think of this scenario:

Avatar topped Titanic around January 26, 2010, so roughly a month and a week of its release. It did that topping Titanic with 1.859B WW (ie before the Titanic re-release).

I know that Avatar is a different phenomenon, but could you foresee some impact for Endgame late legs after passes Avatar to become the highest grossing film of all time? Is that something that added with Summer days and FFH acting like a direct sequel could help late legs for Endgame going further?

I’m fully aware that simply the fact that it’s Summer will mean less theater screens due to the competition, but I feel like once Endgame tops Avatar, we might enter in true uncharted territory with Endgame, and that could make the late legs be better than usual.

Edited by ZattMurdock

1 hour ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Oh stop this shit people 850M is given at this point. Applying this Tuesday to the run of AoU, Civil War, Guardians 2 and Infinity War gives us 870M, 835M, 865M and 855M respectively. IT. IS. STABILIZING. And there's a FFH boost at the end.

tenor.gif?itemid=3562867

Where the hell your're seeing "stabilizing"? Maybe next week it'll start. And it's not sure there'll be any boost thanks to Spider-Man premiere.

Edited by Juby

8 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

Endgame will be long gone out of the theaters by the time Spiderman shows up.

No it won't.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

After a wreck I had 2 weeks ago, I have been trying to catch up.... what happened to the members here that actually made sense?? I feel like the comments for the past week have been nothing but pushing arguments from those with agendas. 

Thanks to @baumer and the rest of the staff for trying to keep it civil. 

Miss the old BOM days anymore. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Still not sure $850m is happening and it's definitely not locked, people need to learn to use the work locked.

Says the guy who throws around 4 Billie's is locked for Avatar 2.... First learn yourself then teach others :stooges:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, narniadis said:

After a wreck I had 2 weeks ago, I have been trying to catch up.... what happened to the members here that actually made sense?? I feel like the comments for the past week have been nothing but pushing arguments from those with agendas. 

Thanks to @baumer and the rest of the staff for trying to keep it civil. 

Miss the old BOM days anymore. 

I hope you are well?

As a 2 week break seems to be implied I hope that does not mean you were in a hospital for the whole time?

Posting again: means at least you seem to be on the upwards trend?

Need any support?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

I hope you are well?

As a 2 week break seems to be implied I hope that does not mean you were in a hospital for the whole time?

Posting again: means at least you seem to be on the upwards trend?

Need any support?

Im okish as of yesterday. Had a massive concussion that I am healing from. Thankful it wasnt any worse. :)

I had read the last couple of days but wasnt till today that I felt up to commenting. When you are around something like this for 15 years its amazing how much you can miss it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

@Deep Wang @baumer, since you are way more knowledgeable than me and was probably around for Avatar topping Titanic back in 2010, I’d like to know what do you think of this scenario:

Avatar topped Titanic around January 26, 2010, so roughly a month and a week of its release. It did that topping Titanic with 1.859B WW (ie before the Titanic re-release).

I know that Avatar is a different phenomenon, but could you foresee some impact for Endgame late legs after passes Avatar to become the highest grossing film of all time? Is that something that added with Summer days and FFH acting like a direct sequel could help late legs for Endgame going further? 

I’m fully aware that simply the fact that it’s Summer will mean less theater screens due to the competition, but I feel like once Endgame tops Avatar, we might enter in true uncharted territory with Endgame, and that could make the late legs be better than usual.

Didn't someone say bcos of the new Spidey trailer, audience will come back to theater and 3.5B WW is in play. :sparta:

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

Endgame will be long gone out of the theaters by the time Spiderman shows up.

Are you so bad at predicting things you can't even use google?

IW came out at the same time and was in theaters till September 13th.

Theater count will be down to about 900 when it's released

24 minutes ago, Nero said:

Says the guy who throws around 4 Billie's is locked for Avatar 2.... First learn yourself then teach others :stooges:

His alita predictions show he is detached from reality. 

• Like 1

early WB estimates for a first % impression

as usual, green font means estimates, if they change to black at their website then they will be finals

Daily Domestic Chart for Tuesday May 14, 2019

← Previous Chart Chart Index  

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
- (2) Pokémon: Detective Pikachu Warner Bros. $5,345,000 +45% 4,202 $1,272   $63,403,457 5
- (10) The Curse of La Llorona Warner Bros. $227,000 +32% 1,182 $192   $51,850,137 26
- (12) Shazam! Warner Bros. $105,000 +44% 936 $112   $137,280,154 40

https://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-chart/daily/2019/05/14

• Like 1

People up in arms about Endgame’s inevitable return to earthly numbers is quite amusing. It did something no other film has come close to doing and now that it is acting like a regular film, people are basically becoming Chicken Littles. 

Also, IW made about $1.5M the weekend before July 4th last year and it made just under $1M the weekend after July 4th when AMATW opened. Anybody hoping for a Captain Marvel sized bounce for Endgame when Far From Home opens is going to be in need of therapy based on the reactions in this thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Didn't someone say bcos of the new Spidey trailer, audience will come back to theater and 3.5B WW is in play. :sparta:

If you are implying that was me, I'm pretty sure that I said $4B and said in best. I'm honestly curious if Marvel Studios will make a big splash of Endgame becoming the highest grossing film of all time, and if that will have an effect on its late legs at all. History tell us it does, but the problem is WHEN that comes into play.