sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - John Wick: Chapter 3 $56.82M | Avengers Endgame $29.97M | Detective Pikachu $25.10M

2 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

That is good. Just under 116% increase. IW increased just 112% and last saturday it increased better than IW and so it will keep the lead. Its sunday and weekdays where IW takes the lead. Weekend looks like around 30m +/- 0.5m.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I agree it should move to September though it has no real threat until Pixar as I imagine Spongebob 3 will struggle towards $100M, they could move it to the weekend after Black Widow as I imagine it’ll likely do around Doctor Strange numbers. The Mitchells vs The Machines could take it’s spot too to give Sony Animation more time to market Vivo. 

SpongeBob will hurt it regardless of small numbers or not, and then Pixar will murder it to death. And then Minions 2 in July to add further death. It's not in a good position at all. It should move to September, where it would easily take the gauntlet and make a run for Hotel Transylvania numbers, cause as I said before, a Scooby-Doo movie is a perfect Halloween-season family treat.

Mitchells Vs. Machines would surely be scared off to somewhere else, especially since Sony should also look at its animation slate and realize that all of their 2020 releases are too close to each other and not even in a good way (the July movie - which is probably not happening anyway, since they already have Ghostbusters 3 + Morbius in that same month and are insanely surrounded by competition - then MVM in September, and then Vivo in November... too close to each other; unless it's done on purpose to help their late legs, but even then, the competition would cripple them regardless.... case in point, Lego 2-Shazam-Pikachu). I'd move that one to August 2021 if I were Sony, personally. Don't see it fitting anywhere else. Everywhere else in the calendar would be deadly for it. At least in August '21 it would have some breathing room from other animated/family movies and work as counterprogramming to the Suicide Squad reboot.

21 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

It depends on if it’s CG Animated which I think it is as they got film writers for this one.

Still don't see a higher ceiling than Lego Batman numbers for it, probably more likely on a Shazam! range. Which, depending on the budget, is fine for it, I guess.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

15 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

mission 6 definitely better than wick 3. fallout does a pretty great job of escalating its action throughout and wick 3 blows its wad on the best stuff in the first act.

I mean the third act of Fallout is pretty blah compared to the rest. haven't seen Wick yet 

• Knock It Off 2

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

That is good. Just under 116% increase. IW increased just 112% and last saturday it increased better than IW and so it will keep the lead. Its sunday and weekdays where IW takes the lead. Weekend looks like around 30m +/- 0.5m.

That isn't really good considering IW was facing a 125m opener that weekend unlike EG's JW3 competition.  

• Thanks 1

Wow. The Sun is Also a Star did less than 1/4th of Everything, Everything’s Friday. I don’t think it was marketed well. The early teasers didn’t give much of a story so it looked boring and it was too late by the time they started showing the more compelling stuff. Reviews don’t help either and I personally don’t think Yara is a good actress. Should’ve been a Netflix movie. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tawasal said:

That isn't really good considering IW was facing a 125m opener that weekend unlike EG's JW3 competition.  

You can spin it both ways. I dont want another lengthy discussion about Endgame legs and folks coming in as it opened to 357m and so legs will be small.

• Like 1

Still a shot for PIKA to hit 25. Needs to beat SHAZAM's 73% 2nd Sat bump handily if it's to have a similar 2nd Sun drop.

6.26 (+131%)

11.27 (+80%)

7.44 (-34%)

= 24.97

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I wouldn't say Batman is in a good place necessarily. Twlight star works maybe for Batman Beyond angle otherwise seems pretty suspect.

46 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

I agree. I don’t know what WB is thinking are they casting to attract fan girls of Twilight? I don’t think Pattinson is handsome and I don’t find him hot in the least. Plus, his acting isn’t that great. The jury is definitely out on this one. 

Complaining about the Batman casting has gone back to 1989. It will never end. It doesn't matter who gets cast in a Batman movie people will complain. Robert Pattinson is a phenomenal actor and he's going to knock it out of the park as Bruce Wayne Batman. When Michael Keaton got cast in 1987 people lost their freaking minds. And believe me I remember it very well. When Heath Ledger was announced as the Joker, people were all over him and there was a petition to get him removed as well. comic book nerds make me laugh because they complain complain complain and then when the actor is brilliant in the part they change their tune and say....we knew all along he was going to be amazing. If all you know Robert Pattinson from is Twilight then you have not been paying attention to some of the choices he's made over the last few years.

• Like 4
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Another 50% drop for Endgame. Godzilla will be big comp too next weekend. 

8 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

michelle obama no GIF

(Lets get through Aladdin first)

Amazing how many of us are just forgetting that Aladdin is a thing :ph34r:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nova said:

Way better than that 5.7M number. 

Didn't RTH already report 6m friday last evening? Still its better than where it was yesterday evening for sure. So it had better friday increase than Endgame despite dropping less than endgame on monday.

4 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Wow. The Sun is Also a Star did less than 1/4th of Everything, Everything’s Friday. I don’t think it was marketed well. The early teasers didn’t give much of a story so it looked boring and it was too late by the time they started showing the more compelling stuff. Reviews don’t help either and I personally don’t think Yara is a good actress. Should’ve been a Netflix movie. 

Agreed. They needed better leads and a better story. 

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

SpongeBob will hurt it regardless of small numbers or not, and then Pixar will murder it to death. And then Minions 2 in July to add further death. It's not in a good position at all. It should move to September, where it would easily take the gauntlet and make a run for Hotel Transylvania numbers, cause as I said before, a Scooby-Doo movie is a perfect Halloween-season family treat.

Mitchells Vs. Machines would surely be scared off to somewhere else, especially since Sony should also look at its animation slate and realize that all of their 2020 releases are too close to each other and not even in a good way (the July movie - which is probably not happening anyway, since they already have Ghostbusters 3 + Morbius in that same month and are insanely surrounded by competition - then MVM in September, and then Vivo in November... too close to each other; unless it's done on purpose to help their late legs, but even then, the competition would cripple them regardless.... case in point, Lego 2-Shazam-Pikachu). I'd move that one to August 2021 if I were Sony, personally. Don't see it fitting anywhere else. Everywhere else in the calendar would be deadly for it. At least in August '21 it would have some breathing room from other animated/family movies and work as counterprogramming to the Suicide Squad reboot.

Still don't see a higher ceiling than Lego Batman numbers for it, probably more likely on a Shazam! range. Which, depending on the budget, is fine for it, I guess.

I don’t think Scoob will have much Halloween elements for this one but yes they should move it to September.

Most of them are placeholders Sony forgot to move.

Neither do I, to be honest.