Eric Atreides

Best Picture Winner Parasite l October 11, 2019 (limited) l Neon l Palme d'Or winner from Bong Joon-ho

I would love for Americans to keep on watching it in theaters, but I have a feeling it’s going to be a short lived Oscar effect. Hoping for top 10 next weekend with 2-3 million and after that 30-40% weekend drops, because the film is already out everywhere. But when it’s all said and done in the States, 44-45 million $ should be realistic.

So, with Japan still going strong and hopefully UK, now that I put the numbers together, 200 million globally shouldn’t be that hard to achieve. 

56 minutes ago, sgrave said:

Really happy for Parasite, in my Top 3 of

best movies of the year.

But someone will have to explain me

what's the point to have a Best International movie

and a Best Picture categorie if a movie can win both

Best International movie is for movies that are produced outside of hollywood, in a non english language, which does not require a release in USA. It is also selected and submitted by the country from the where the movie is and is generally considered to be an award for the whole movie industry of the country rather than just the movie (makes sense since a country sends only what it thinks is the best movie from that country)

Best movie is for any movie released (for at least a week I think) in USA (LA). It can be a non hollywood produced movie, it can be non english. 

• Thanks 1

Been a fan of Bong for a long time. A #Bonghive as our forum calls it. So happy that he basically swept all the big awards last night.

Personally, I think he had done better works than Parasite, but of the nominees this year, Parasite is still easily the best out of them so well deserved.

Hopefully, this monumental win put him on the map for more people to check out his works. Looking forward to future projects from Bong. 

Such a great speech when he won Best Director, so down to earth and likable. Really love his shoutout to Quentin for having been rec-ing his movies for years. 

4 hours ago, aladdino said:

where do you guys think this will end its BO run? i say 55m

in average, the BP winner in the past 10 years earned 5m-6m post their BP win with notably exception like The king speech(24m) , Green book (16m)

I expect Parasite to add more 7m.