sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

8 minutes ago, Life goes on said:

LOL...... You guys will never learn from your mistakes!! I know it’s a common thing on this forum to underestimate a MCU movie and  overestimate a movie from a rival film studio or franchise. You shouldn’t underestimate Black Widow. Next year is all 2016 over again when you guys  thought Batman v Superman would  destroy Captain America: Civil War at the box office, but we all know what eventually happened. I will tell you only one thing.....Never underestimate the MCU!!

Cuts both ways, as many predicted Mary Poppins would kill Aquaman. Although, Mary Poppins wasn’t MCU, it was still Disney.

If we go MCU, many thought GOTG2 would crush WW. Narrator’s voice: It didn’t.

Edited by Ms Lady Hawk

6 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

That's a horrible opening for KOTM. So much for getting other Toho monsters in order to up the box-office. #Flopzilla #FloporahTheBombHeadedMonster #Flopra #Bombdan

Leave Mothra out of this. She deserves the world.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Slambros said:

I'm not worried about Rocketman. It is the type of summer film that has strong legs with the older audience. This is the natural gross becaude Queen is a much bigger thing than Elton John, at least right now. Expect a Mamma Mia 2 type gross, if not a bit more.

It will need a multiplier of almost 5 to reach MM2. That's not happening. It may not have much competition but $80M-$100M is going to be the ceiling for it domestically, possibly a little less.

Edited by LonePirate

5 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Bombdan

#RIPdan also works.

4 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Cuts both ways, as many predicted Mary Poppins would kill Aquaman. Although, Mary Poppins wasn’t MCU, it was still Disney.

If we go MCU, many thought GOTG2 would crush WW. Narrator’s voice: It didn’t.

Don’t respond to fanboy bait or I guarantee a flame war will break out.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

It will need a multiplier of almost 5 to reach MM2. That's not happening. It may not have much competition but $80M-$100M is going to be the ceiling for it domestically, possibly a little less.

But we don't know that completely yet though. It does skew older for sure so it could have a lengthy box office run. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Is Godzilla v Kong still filming? Maybe they can sack Adam Wingard and bring in Jordan Vogt Roberts since Skull Island seems to be most liked of the Monsterverse

I believe GvK is in post. 

23 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Godzilla ‘14:

Mission_Impossible_II.jpg

Godzilla King Of Monsters:

missionimpossible3.jpg

Godzilla Vs. Kong:

mission-impossible-ghost-protocol-movie-

Don't compare Monsterverse mediocrity to the best running American blockbuster series.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

I believe GvK is in post. 

Man... at least we’re getting that film. Our answers to whether they’d continue after GvsKong has been answered.

Cant wait to see what Toho has in store after 2020.

@Bishop54 you see that it’s actually killing it in Japan? Possible 40m in the making.

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Haha, the last one I seen was the first one.

Tom Cruise makes me cringe. 

Brian de palma's was a snooze fest even tho it did amazing numbers...john woo's was an ode to slow motion long hair and... doves? Jj abrams was the first one i liked(at least the story)...brad birds was a terrific pretty looking light weight fun.. the rest? Ugh... lets just leave it at that^^ 

TTVOMJ