sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

1 minute ago, sfran43 said:

The fact that the Thursday screening for Godzilla started at 4pm when John Wick's started at 7pm has me a bit worried it will only make around $50M for the weekend.

In fairness, I doubt those 4:00 shows were very busy at all. They sold practically nothing around here yesterday.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Pretty much guarantees KOTM will hold the #1 spot for the weekend - Gitesh needs to get serious..."hopes to unseat" my butt:)...

Agreed. If Aladdin overperforms it does 50 (more likely 42-46). With a 8x multiplier it beats Aladdin. I think 8x minimum is reasonable to assume up to 11.5.

50.4- 72.5 range.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

So O/U 60m? But WOM is apparently great so maybe 65m.

Very hard to say. I hate 4pm showings because they skew the numbers. WB needs to stop as they suck anyways.

5 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

So O/U 60m? But WOM is apparently great so maybe 65m.

I say UNDER (obviously). 6.3m in previews looks good until you realize that showings started early. John Wick made a similar amount and their showings started at 7.

I'm currently thinking 57m.

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun

1 minute ago, sfran43 said:

So mid-teens weekend, maybe 18M if WOM isn't bad. Given the 5M budget, a 50M total would be great for it.

Godzilla also did better than I thought it would (5.75M) so congrats to everyone in the tracking thread who got it spot on!!! If I had to guess a number right now, I'd go with 53-54M for the weekend. Not bad, especially if OS does well. But hopefully GvK rebounds numbers. 

• Like 1