sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

DS2 5 years after DS, guess it will flop 😛 

What are chances of November MCU film next year to be DS 2. Unlike most here, I loved Doctor Strange and then IW boosted DS like anything. He is my, joint favourite Avenger of new lot along with Spidey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Yeah, but didn't MCU had, you like 7 movies between them and one even had Thor in it? 

Thor wasn't in that many movies though. Marvel had some fun with the fact he wasn't in Civil War.

Anyway, I don't think it is the time between G2014 and KotM that is the problem. It is just not a popular genre right now. Period. You can't compare it to Jurassic Park / Jurassic World, because kids see those two as entirely different things, as do many adults. I called this based on the overall trend, Godzilla to Kong to Pacific Rim. Time to give it a break and move on to something the GA will turn out for.

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

What are chances of November MCU film next year to be DS 2. Unlike most here, I loved Doctor Strange and then IW boosted DS like anything. He is my, joint favourite Avenger of new lot along with Spidey.

I guess:  

May 2020 Black Widow

Summer 2020 Eternals 

Nov 2020 Shang-Chi  

Feb 2021 ??  

May 2021 ??

July 2021 Spider-man 3

Nov 2021 DS2   

Shang Chi maybe an early 2021 movie if they stick with just 2 for 2020. SDCC just under 2 months away, will finally have some real news.

7 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

They'd need to film it this year in order to feasibly release it in time which is looking unlikely. 

I think WB will close the door on Godzilla after GvK, I imagine they'll be looking to get The Meg 2 fasttracked as it's a monster movie they fully own rather than simply distribute.

Edited by Jonwo

1 minute ago, doublejack said:

Thor wasn't in that many movies though. Marvel had some fun with the fact he wasn't in Civil War.

Anyway, I don't think it is the time between G2014 and KotM that is the problem. It is just not a popular genre right now. Period. You can't compare it to Jurassic Park / Jurassic World, because kids see those two as entirely different things, as do many adults. I called this based on the overall trend, Godzilla to Kong to Pacific Rim. Time to give it a break and move on to something the GA will turn out for.

But weekend of 2014 one showed that audience are interested, so did success KSI. It's just things went wrong for this one badly.

9 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Doctor Strange is one of my favorite MCU films.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Hokkaido MUTO said:

I’m new here, so I don’t know all the exact details or history of some of these users, so maybe some of you can inform me. So, again as a noob, where did these 19m numbers come from? I saw one user mention them. I assume he’s always correct? 

He is Heimdall, from Asgard. He sees the numbers. We sacrifice new users in his name. 

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

WB had a very good 2018 but 2019 has been disappointing so far. I over predicted Godzilla but it's not difficult to see why it failed. People hated Godzilla 2014 and it's been 5 years. 

The weird thing about 2018 for WB is that it was relatively quiet with a few $100m grossers until August when The Meg and Crazy Rich Asians broke out. 2019 is sort of the same thing but they're ahead gross wise due to Aquaman's January grosses. 

Every studio has their up years and down years and we can't count WB out just yet as they have a relatively strong second half of the year with IT 2, Joker and potentially Doctor Sleep

• Like 1

Very meh for  Godzilla. People hated the 2014 film and this one is paying for it. I saw it last night in IMAX. Fun, action packed, Monster Mayhem summer movie. Just check your brain at the door and enjoy the ride. 

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

WB had a very good 2018 but 2019 has been disappointing so far. I over predicted Godzilla but it's not difficult to see why it failed. People hated Godzilla 2014 and it's been 5 years. 

Next year is looking good for them on paper. We never know how movies are going to perform unless it’s MCU. Not even Star Wars is sure fire. 

Birds of Prey

kong Vs Godzilla (probably 400M Max now?)

Scooby

Wonder Woman 1984 (biggest summer film?)

Tenet

Conjuring 3

Dune

I wouldn't be surprised if GvK is delayed just so they're is a longer gap much like Aquaman benefitted somewhat from having 13 months between it and JL. 

5 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

Next year is looking good for them on paper. We never know how movies are going to perform unless it’s MCU. Not even Star Wars is sure fire. 

Birds of Prey

kong Vs Godzilla (probably 400M Max now?)

Scooby

Wonder Woman 1984 (biggest summer film?)

Tenet

Conjuring 3

Dune

Tenet should do well because it's Nolan. Dune's a bit wildcard, Scoob I know people here think it'll be a flop but I think it has potential to do very good and get WAG back on track, WB is clearly throwing their weight behind it with the star studded voice talent and the first look design looked promising, hopefully we'll get a teaser soon although I'm not expected one until September at the earliest.

• Like 1