DeeCee

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***SPIDER-MAN:FAR FROM HOME SPOILER THREAD***SPOILERS ALLOWED***SPOILERS***

2019 villain list, through early July

1. *new*Jake Gyllenhaal's Mysterio (Spider-Man: Far From Home) 😂

Runner Up: King Ghidorah (Godzilla 2) 😂

3. Samuel L Jackson's Mr Glass (Glass)

4. Thanos (Avengers: Endgame)

5. Chucky (Child's Play 2019)

6. Ma (Ma)

7. Rodan (Godzilla 2)

Edited by OdinSon2k14

Peter tingle/Spidey sense is very much an unique superpower/ability that depends a lot on mental willingness, mental strength and mental alertness. So the inconsistency of Peter displaying/using this ability is paradoxically consistent with the very nature of this Spidey sense: when Peter is unwilling to take responsibility, when he wants to relax, when he is weakened by emotional distress, self doubt etc, and when he is not alert, the Spidey sense just doesn't work or is greatly weakened.

Conversely, when he was determined to get back Edith, when he was at the height of his alertness being attacked by hundred of drones, when the usual senses of sight and sound are not dependable (during the final holographic fight) and Spidey sense was the only thing he could depend on, its full power manifested.

Edited by justvision
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I was wrong. and lacked the context. Now I know there isn't such a thing...XD

What is mind-blowing for me, is that all those social reactions and reviews touting this mid credit scene as "mind blowing" and great set up for next MCU phase, and I went in with great expectation, and then severely underwhelmed. I thought I was going to see some real multiverse reference, Tony in full AI holographic mode, or at least Osborn/Sinister Six/Dark Avengers. None. NIL. Zilch. A favorite actor casted in a favorite role is a surprise welcome, but to mistake it as some multiverse thing is plain naive.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, infamous5445 said:

What I like about Mysterio is that they didn't try to make him sympathetic at all. He was a dick even when he took his last breath.

He was an egomaniac and a diva and I loved it all. It's probably the most faithful translation of a Spidey villain yet. I couldn't care less about fidelity to the source most of the time, but it's pretty insane/fun that it's the guy with a fishbowl called Mysterio who gets ripped from the pages. So much fun.

• Like 1

God, that Mysterio exposition scene was one of the worst exposition scenes I have scene in a long time. Couldn't there have been a better way to tell his backstory? Would have been better if Mysterio actually revealed it to Peter later on using one of his trippy illusions instead of telling his co-workers what they already knew.

Also the conflict with that Asian kid was pretty useless.

• Like 1

I loved Mysterio like I thought I would, I just wish we got more of him in the suit in battle with Spidey. My favourite scene was their first encounter as foes, when Mysterio is totally messing around with Spidey. It felt so much like the comics or cartoons I grew up watching. Best scene for me personally in both the Holland Spider-Man movies.

As I said before, he better be alive! I really really want me some Sinister Six!

Edited by JB33

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

God, that Mysterio exposition scene was one of the worst exposition scenes I have scene in a long time. Couldn't there have been a better way to tell his backstory? Would have been better if Mysterio actually revealed it to Peter later on using one of his trippy illusions instead of telling his co-workers what they already knew.

Loved this scene. Gyllenhaal was just fab (made all the better by how low-key boring he was until this point) and they really just went for broke with the Scooby-Doo-villain-revealness of it all. 

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Also, what do Beck wanted? To become superhero? What do he do when actual threat come? The guy ain't have any powers?

I don't know how comic Mysterio worked but him turning out as just a science guy was ehh.

I don't get Mysterio love here, for me he was a weak link.

Will you post box office updates here since you're threadbanned on the main one?

This is on 97% RT Aud score with 14.9k verified votes. ITSV is 93% with 17k ratings.

Not everyone puts faith in it but have always found RT Aud score a good indication of reception vis a vis Critics score with films like Aladdin, TLJ, TGS, Venom, etc.

What do you guys think of that 97%? BOT reception seems muted in comparison even though positive overall.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a2k said:

This is on 97% RT Aud score with 14.9k verified votes. ITSV is 93% with 17k ratings.

Not everyone puts faith in it but have always found RT Aud score a good indication of reception vis a vis Critics score with films like Aladdin, TLJ, TGS, Venom, etc.

What do you guys think of that 97%? BOT reception seems muted in comparison even though positive overall.

Same in France, I don't understand BOT reception, I loved the movie.

22 minutes ago, a2k said:

I think the 97% is verified inflated and it would be more like 95-94 under the old system, falling to 90-92ish once it’s in a comparable point of its release cycle as ITTSV now is.

I generally try and avoid marketing. 

Question

Does the marketing indicate clearly that Mysterio is the villain?

My recollection is that the initial tease suggested he might be but that all subsequent trailers only had him as a friend of Peter.