DeeCee

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***SPIDER-MAN:FAR FROM HOME SPOILER THREAD***SPOILERS ALLOWED***SPOILERS***

2 hours ago, poweranimals said:

Then you really only have yourself to blame.

No, I pretty clearly have the film-makers to blame.  Hiding valuable information from the audience was their choice, not mine.  Their decision leaves audience members like myself thinking they botched one of their characters.

• ...wtf 1

Gonna see it again in what I believe is the proper format for those amazing illusion sequences, 3D.

I'll have to sit through the first 75% of the movie...a Tom Holland comedy, with no sign of Spider-Man...😴...before Jake Gyllenhaal's Mysterio becomes unhinged, and saves the entire movie. 

Oh, shoot, AMC...the nearby theater has only two 3D showings, the first at 3:45PM (add 17 minutes for previews, to 4:02PM), a lot later than I wanted. OT Sunday Morning. I'd get out the theater around 6:15...

It's the bigger AMC further away, that is playing the 3Ds throughout the day, starting at 10AM. 

Freak it, I'll have to do that 3:45PM, quickly get back home, prepare for tomorrow morning, and most importantly sleep 🙂

...know what? Now I'm thinking about getting up early enough to make one of the early 3Ds at the large AMC 🙂. I'm gonna do that. The smaller AMC has been messing up, not having the cheddar gourmet popcorn, to mix with the caramel 🙂.

The seats are better there too. Then I can get home early, relax, and not have to rush to get everything done, so I can get enough sleep. I'd be ready to go to sleep too, after getting up early 🙂!

Edited by OdinSon2k14

The post credits scenes recently have definitely been important developments for the films. Heck Captain Marvel's intro in Endgame doesn't make sense without Captain Marvel's mid credits scene and Ant-Man's intro makes no sense too. Though I agree FFH's end scene is slightly different as it recontextualizes a character and therefore the film itself.

I think Marvel prefer to leave the "setting up" for the next films to post credits scenes rather than in the main body of the film so the films feel a tad less serialized. 

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

So for the last scene with the Skrulls, was that supposed to set up the next Spider-Man movie would have Captain Marvel or something?

I think it was more a hint about the next phase as a whole, and not Spider-Man specifically.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Agreed. By the way, the Spidey sense, it's a bummer that it's not even really a thing in the MCU. I get that they might not want to copy what was done before but come on, they just talk about it, there's no visual (Raimi and Webb did it beautifully) or sound cue. That's disappointing. 

What? He literally uses his Spidey-sense (or “Peter-tingle”) to fight Mysterio near the end when he realises that he can’t trust his eyes due to the illusions...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ZackM said:

You can correct me if I'm wrong, but the post credit scenes normally don't modify the movie, do they?  They simply tease something else.  What I'm taking issue with is showing a character to be incompetent out of nowhere, and then relying on a post credit scene to explain it.  That's not good.  Nobody should think that's good.

The post credits scenes are a part of the movie. If you decide not to watch all of the movie and some earlier parts of it make less sense as a result, that doesn’t seem too surprising.

• Like 2

Wow, this movie was great! I was a little unsure during the first two acts, but everything from the Mysterio battle in Berlin on was A+++. And of course the mid-credits scene.

I think I liked Homecoming a little more, not sure. It was more consistent. This felt like you were sort of waiting for Mysterio to reveal his true self for the plot to really get going. Peter/MJ had good chemistry although I wish MJ had a bit more to do besides just be a love interest for two guys to fight over.

Loved Happy treating Peter so well after how he handled him in the first movie. Character development!

The "in memoriam" bit had me dying.

Phase 3 Ranking

Captain America: Civil War (A+)

Avengers: Infinity War (A)

Avengers: Endgame (A)

Spider-Man: Homecoming (A)

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 (A-)

Black Panther (A-)

Spider-Man: Far From Home (A-)

Thor Ragnarok (B+)

Captain Marvel (B+)

Ant-Man And The Wasp (B)

Doctor Strange (B-)

Edited by Mekanos

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

The post credits scenes are a part of the movie. If you decide not to watch all of the movie and some earlier parts of it make less sense as a result, that doesn’t seem too surprising.

You can say it, but you don't actually believe this.  And for good reason.  It is, in reality, very surprising that the contents of a movie would make less sense without the inclusion of a post credit scene.  Thousands upon thousands of pieces of data make this abundantly clear.  Don't sacrifice your dignity to support something so trivial.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, ZackM said:

You can say it, but you don't actually believe this.  And for good reason.  It is, in reality, very surprising that the contents of a movie would make less sense without the inclusion of a post credit scene.  Thousands upon thousands of pieces of data make this abundantly clear.  Don't sacrifice your dignity to support something so trivial.

I completely believe it. Usually if you don’t see the last .5% of a movie it doesn’t matter, but it’s fine if that last .5% does matter.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

JJJ was the best part of the mid credit scene but with SHIELD knowing Mysterio was bad, couldn’t they have easily wrapped this up and hide the evidence even with Fury not be real.

2 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

JJJ was the best part of the mid credit scene but with SHIELD knowing Mysterio was bad, couldn’t they have easily wrapped this up and hide the evidence even with Fury not be real.

Firstly SHIELD is no more. As far as MCU is concerned, SHIELD has been no more after CA:WS. Nick Fury might have make use of some of SHIELD's former personnel/resources (e.g. helicarriers in Avengers:AoU), but it basically ceased operation. Even if in its good old days, SHIELD had never been an almightly or always successful orgainization that successfuly fight or prevent crimes (otherwise there was no need of Avengers). In fact it was a big ironic failure that it was destroyed by infiltration by Hydra, its nemesis.

Secondly it was not something "easily wrapped up". William Ginter Riva downloaded and doctored the footage recorded by Beck of final confrontation between Spidey and Beck, and presumably sent it to JJJ. It would require a near omniscient and omnipresent super AI system to intercept and prevent such download and sharing.

Edited by justvision

Why is everything about Iron man? 

This movie should be named Ironlad and consequences of being Tony Stark. 

I hope 3rd movie is about Peter Parker. 

I just wanna say that Spider-Man: Far From Home is the best Spider-Man film of all time, one of the best superhero films of all time and top 3 in the MCU ahead of everything but Endgame and Infinity War.

What we have here is people with an actual vision and am undergoing theme of responsibility, power and most of all, identity. Those who complain that this is Iron Man all over again or that Tony took over the place of Ben Parker are missing the point. This is a Spider-Man’s story told from a completely fresh angle, something I don’t think no one has accomplished other than Into The Spider-Verse recently. It’s about how Ben is the father figure that Peter is constantly trying to fill the void, and once Tony is taken away from Peter’s life, he once again tries to fill that void with Quentin. It’s about a very young Spider-Man learning about power and responsibility in the MCU, and I feel that very much like Cap, Spidey is about to get what might become the best trilogy in the MCU of all time, as long as Sony and Avi Arad don’t fuck it up.

Also, it has absolutely the best action scenes of any Spider-Man film ever, with arguably the most iconic use of the Spider-Sen-, sorry, Peter-Tingle of all time, including any media.

I wish @DeadArachnid!™ would make a special appearance so we could discuss this film at length.

Edited by Zatt Hawkguy Murdock

2 hours ago, GrandierHorror said:

Why is everything about Iron man? 

This movie should be named Ironlad and consequences of being Tony Stark. 

I hope 3rd movie is about Peter Parker. 

Because this is the epilogue of Phases 1-3 and the first film was Iron Man, and he was the main MCU character, so this is one last send off. Also, Stark has a lot of ties to Parker ever since CW and further developed in HC and IW, so it's a continuation of that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

Because this is the epilogue of Phases 1-3 and the first film was Iron Man, and he was the main MCU character, so this is one last send off. Also, Stark has a lot of ties to Parker ever since CW and further developed in HC and IW, so it's a continuation of that.

I find it forced. Mysterio connected to Tony was just wrong in my opinion. 

In Raimi series, Spider-man villians were very personal to Peter. It created a sense of danger and excitement. 

17 hours ago, JimiQ said:

In literally every mcu movie is spider sense - civil war - “hey guys, something weird...” when antman becomes giant man, IW in the bus - hair on his arm and so on

It's barely there, the hair on the arm is the most obvious. It's just not significant enough to me. 

11 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

What? He literally uses his Spidey-sense (or “Peter-tingle”) to fight Mysterio near the end when he realises that he can’t trust his eyes due to the illusions...

It does, but the Spidey sense is not represented visually, not really. I mean, you guys remember Raimi's Spidey sense or Webb's?