TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Probably, his design is kinda creepy, a more sensitive child could easily be afraid watching it in a big screen and generate furious parents. 

I mean, if you draw parents to the theaters with deceptive advertising, and parents get furious there...

I do get your point, it just feels a bit circular. Plus Gorr doesn't seem like anything that creepy that most kids wouldn't be able to handle. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Yeah, did they not learn anything from MoM reactions ...

Maybe they think even the marketing is deceptive and we get 400M+ DOM with a lesser multiplier that's fine? One they're not doing is teasing this as a cameo fest like folks expected from Strange. Looks like a silly, weird, fun adventure. I imagine the product will pretty much match the marketing.

On 6/16/2022 at 6:06 PM, ThomasNicole said:

Probably, his design is kinda creepy, a more sensitive child could easily be afraid watching it in a big screen and generate furious parents. 

I mean hes a villain but physically speaking hes just Christian Bale but bald and whiter

33 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Disney's marketing for this has been weird to say the least. Every other release had spots and interviews with the cast out by now.

Hemsworth is in Australia filming Furiosa. Waititi has like 87 things going on this year. Marvel also had a May release and a Disney+ show to promote first. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

The premiere is this Thursday with reactions embargo dropping right after screening, so obviously there will be marketing content this week 

Sometimes seems like people search reasons to be worried 

From a "reasonably informed by industry but still-in-touch with G.A." perspective, I think it's reasonable to have a questionable expression at Marvel/Disney's marketing of this movie, so far, and of course the seeming lack of "exposure" for actors and late-blooming promo of the movie, itself -- and there are not any behind-the-scenes production "issues" (a la Wakanda Forever)...at least that we know about.  It seems to blend Disney+ tone and Bale hamming it up (and the trailer I saw with Top Gun, for example, was the first teaser, not even the one with Bale), and doesn't scream "must see theatrical experience" to me, or at least much less so than Multiverse.  And how's the Jane-Thor issue tracking?  

Revising my predictions lower from a previous post in this thread:

$135m OW U.S.  

$325m total domestic (especially if "casuals" get wind it will be on Disney+ in 45 days)

Will be surprised if it goes higher than $750 WW total (unless WOM turns out extremely well)

• Haha 1

Checked the Marvel Entertainment YouTube to confirm my impressions and yeah, the marketing has been much more low-key than usual. Every other Disney MCU movie recently has released TV spots regularly starting from about a month out. 

I think it will make little difference in the end. Ticket sales are moving at a healthy pace. As long as reactions and reviews are good, the movie is all set. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 5

On 6/16/2022 at 5:57 PM, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

i got the trailer for this with Lightyear and all the Bale scenes were removed or edited

Weird. Was it because Lightyear is PG?

I got that trailer too but tbh it seemed tailor-made for really young audiences. Both this and the Avatar trailer also (understandably) had the shots featuring guns edited out.

• Like 1