TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

3 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Why shouldn't we have high expectations? Phase 3 had a great run of consistent high quality movies. 

Yeah and we know they CAN produce consistent high quality at this point it’s not like phase 1 when they were clearly finding their footing. 

Having recently rewatched the infinity saga.

Thor 1 and first avenger are way better than I remember, they are solid mcu films.

Ironman 2 was just terrible alot worse than I remember .sink to the bottom 2 for me.

TDK is still pretty bad buts it's not my worst mcu movie like many.

Avengers, GOTG ,winter soldier, GOTG movies,IW,  CW hold up pretty well.

Antman, homecoming and Dr strange rose  on my list. Didn't hate am&tw as much as I hated it the first time.

Thor ragnarok dropped abit didn't enjoy it as much as the first two times I watched it.

BP and CM remained mid films for me.

AOU and ironman and fFH also dropped down the list too.

Final

GOTG

Winter soldier

IW

Avengers

CW

GOTG 2

Endgame

Ironman

Antman

Ragnarok

Dr strange

Homecoming

Thor

NWH

MOM

First avenger

AOU

Shangchi

FFH

BP

AM&TW

Ironman 3

Black widow

Incredible hulk

CM

TDK

Ironman 2

Eternals

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Having recently rewatched the infinity saga.

Thor 1 and first avenger are way better than I remember, they are solid mcu films.

Ironman 2 was just terrible alot worse than I remember .sink to the bottom 2 for me.

TDK is still pretty bad buts it's not my worst mcu movie like many.

Avengers, GOTG ,winter soldier, GOTG movies,IW,  CW hold up pretty well.

Antman, homecoming and Dr strange rose  on my list. Didn't hate am&tw as much as I hated it the first time.

Thor ragnarok dropped abit didn't enjoy it as much as the first two times I watched it.

BP and CM remained mid films for me.

AOU and ironman and fFH also dropped down the list too.

Final

GOTG

Winter soldier

IW

Avengers

CW

GOTG 2

Endgame

Ironman

Antman

Ragnarok

Dr strange

Homecoming

Thor

NWH

MOM

First avenger

AOU

Shangchi

FFH

BP

AM&TW

Ironman 3

Black widow

Incredible hulk

CM

TDK

Ironman 2

Eternals

Imagine my confusion reading this early in my day thinking you were talking about The Dark Knight lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IceFire9yt said:

Granted I haven't watched most of the shows, but I don't see how Phase 4 could worse than Phase 1.  Just...what?  Are the shows that bad?

The shows are for me mostly decent watches but subpar, but I don't really count those when comparing phases, at this point I treat them more like extra content while the movies are still the main events. But even just comparing movies, I think phase 4 is probably the weakest. Phase 2 was my least favorite but still had Guardians which beats any Phase 4 so far. If L&T is truly top tier MCU, then I think Phase 4 will stack up fine movie wise though against 1 and 2, but still feels disappointing after 3.

If I count shows, though, phase 4 is definitely the weakest. None of them have been significantly above median MCU for me, except maybe Ms Marvel but need to see how that finishes.

Phase 4 has been a lot more inconsistent than Phase 3, that’s for sure. It managed to do the one thing the Perlmutter era never managed to pull off; making an MCU movie with a low score on Rotten Tomatoes, but said movie was followed up with Marvel’s biggest crowd pleaser since Endgame. 

I’m assuming that the greater workload is probably making it more difficult for Kevin Feige to manage everything. Marvel Studios never had to balance both movies and TV shows before (the ABC and Netflix shows weren’t produced by Marvel Studios). 

• Like 1

1. Phase Three:

Endgame

Infinity War

Civil War

Ragnarok

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Black Panther

Guardians vol 2

Far From Home

Homecoming

Captain Marvel

Doctor Strange

2. Phase One:

Avengers

Iron Man

Fist Avenger

Hulk

Iron Man 2

Thor

3. Phase Two:

Winter Soldier

Ant-Man

Guardians

Ultron

Iron Man 3

Dark World

4. Phase Four:

No Way Home

Doctor Strange 2

Black Widow

Shang-Chi

Eternals

5 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

T&LT is the last phase 4 movie last I checked unless that was changed. 

It's had a few  bright spots but as a whole phase 4 has been messy and mediocre and has even created cracks in the mcu 

It isn't the last. We're about halfway through the phase. Captain Marvel 2 is currently the furthest Phase 4 movie that actually has a release date, but normally Phase 4 will also include Blade and a Fantastic Four movie which still don't have a release date as of today.

So yeah... we're not even close to the end here.

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Phase 4 has been a lot more inconsistent than Phase 3, that’s for sure. It managed to do the one thing the Perlmutter era never managed to pull off; making an MCU movie with a low score on Rotten Tomatoes, but said movie was followed up with Marvel’s biggest crowd pleaser since Endgame. 

I’m assuming that the greater workload is probably making it more difficult for Kevin Feige to manage everything. Marvel Studios never had to balance both movies and TV shows before (the ABC and Netflix shows weren’t produced by Marvel Studios). 

I think Eternals is just a bizarro one off where they got a little too giddy with Chloe after the Nomadland Oscar sweep and convinced themselves she was making a masterpiece cause of it. Every other project both film and tv have fallen in line with typical phase 1-2 reactions. 

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

I think Eternals is just a bizarro one off where they got a little too giddy with Chloe after the Nomadland Oscar sweep and convinced themselves she was making a masterpiece cause of it. Every other project both film and tv have fallen in line with typical phase 1-2 reactions. 

They might have convinced themselves, but their aim was surely to convince the audience that it was a potential masterpiece, and that's what they failed with.  The film has its issues, but is still one of the most mature and daring they produced; it's beautifully made, but it just didn't connect with audiences/fans.  I think Zhao's work will never be that kind of mass-appeal.  So now they'll go back to the familiar...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Macleod said:

They might have convinced themselves, but their aim was surely to convince the audience that it was a potential masterpiece, and that's what they failed with.  The film has its issues, but is still one of the most mature and daring they produced; it's beautifully made, but it just didn't connect with audiences/fans.  I think Zhao's work will never be that kind of mass-appeal.  So now they'll go back to the familiar...

The fans are one thing but flopping that hard with critics when stuff like free guy, elvis, etc is fresh on RT is another. 

32 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

It isn't the last. We're about halfway through the phase. Captain Marvel 2 is currently the furthest Phase 4 movie that actually has a release date, but normally Phase 4 will also include Blade and a Fantastic Four movie which still don't have a release date as of today.

So yeah... we're not even close to the end here.

Ok then .Guess I had wrong info.

T&LT should be another win.

BP depends how they handle t'challa and this whole leticia wright anti vaxx shit.

Quantumania looks interesting.

The Marvel's feels meh for now.

As for blade and F4 we shall how things progress but excited for both.

31 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Ok then .Guess I had wrong info.

T&LT should be another win.

BP depends how they handle t'challa and this whole leticia wright anti vaxx shit.

Quantumania looks interesting.

The Marvel's feels meh for now.

As for blade and F4 we shall how things progress but excited for both.

GOTG3 I think will be the best of the upcoming slate.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Claudio said:

How tf there are already over 2.1K user ratings in Imdb when this is still not released anywhere??? :winomg:

Its nothing new, happens with pretty much every movie with a fanbase. Haters and fanboys alike try to manipulate the ratings even before a movie releases. That is why no one should ever take any IMDB or Metacritic or RT unverified or Google user ratings seriously. 

Cinemascore, Posttrack and RT verified are the only public ratings that I find reliable. 

• Like 2