Eric Quinn

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

12 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

You lost a loot credibility today and you know it. The king is one and its RTH

hey dude, just chill

early projections are just that, EARLY

it's YOUR PROBLEM that you don't realize this

don't expect them to be 100%  accurate, especially with how early it's given i think it's pretty much a shot in the dark

it's nice to have him around so there's some number we can talk about

ugh people never learn

• Like 5

Some REALLY crappy people coming out of the woodworks for this one, I mean I get that you think just because it's an anonymous forum you can say whatever you want, but DAMN, be a damn human being and have a little respect for others, is that really so much to ask?

I also get many don't know how early numbers work, but that doesn't give them any excuse to act crappy to the people that do take the effort to provide us with early data out of the kindness of their heart and nothing else. What do the crappy people bring outside of snark and insults directed at users who actually bring something to these forums?

Anyway, with that out of the way, 77 million Friday is good, now I'm thinking 190-195 million opening weekend for Lion King, but I'm leaning more towards the upper-end there, so most likely 193-195, which means I would not be surprised if it ends up just slightly over $200 million. And even if it doesn't 190 is still extremely impressive and depending on WOM it could get the movie anywhere from 500 to 650 million. And OS is big, so I'm happy, still looking like it could get to 1.5 billion, which is what most of us have been predicting for months now. Sure, it might fall short of 2 billion, but that was always dependent on many things, so it's understandable why Lion King could also fall on the lower-end of expectations, which are still extremely high.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I think on ODs specially it might be better not to provide them at all, since it has been proven time and time again that people can’t take them for what they are.   

From now on, no OD early numbers. From day two onwards it gets easy.

Its third time now that early numbers failed me on OD. Need to find another way or change the time to midnight IST.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 4
  • Sad 3

22 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

Rude nonsense

I’d prefer to have him around and provide numbers, no matter the accuracy,  as that leads to lots of discussions and activity rather than 10’s of you who add nothing of value to the boards whatsoever. 

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, baumer said:

TLK is going to make a pile of money.  But there were predictions of 2 billion floating around here.  Just a bit outside. 

Of course there were. In fact a year ago many were predicting that it would be the n.1 movie of 2019 , the posts are still there for all to see. Naturally we will see a lot of backpedaling, it has already begun, but people were expecting this to be THE event of 2019. Now these people will defend how successful it is as if there was any chance that it wouldn’t achieve good box office results. Anyway let’s see the legs and how it will actually perform outside of the U.S.

6 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Its third time now that early numbers failed me on OD. Need to find another way or change the time to midnight IST.

Ignore the bad apples, change the time, wait for more data before you extrapolate. Of course you do what works best for you, but don't do it because some people don't understand how early numbers work. Deadline fails with early figures for opening day all the time and they get payed for it, you're just doing it because you like us so much :). So what if it's sometimes off?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AlexMA said:

Ignore the bad apples, change the time, wait for more data before you extrapolate. Of course you do what works best for you, but don't do it because some people don't understand how early numbers work. Deadline fails with early figures for opening day all the time and they get payed for it, you're just doing it because you like us so much :). So what if it's sometimes off?

out of reactions but :bravo:

• Like 1

That guy saying Charlie lost credibility is an absolute moron and possibly a troll, but I agree with Charlie that the early projections should stop. It causes too much drama and whining if they are too far off from the final estimates.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

Great-post.jpg

Edited by a2k
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I don't think you're doing anything wrong Charlie. I just think you got a little bit excited sometimes when the early numbers come in that you jumped the gun just a little bit with your predictions. It's really not a big deal LOL we've all done it for years.

• Like 3

Let's slow down. Now you are insulting me. And my post wasn't rude at all. personally i like Charlie, it's just if you know there is a chance you gonna miss the number by 20M don't post it all. Wait few hours, when you are more confident and then give us number.

Because the early misses lead to disappointnment for a lot of people

Edited by Damianport1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

You lost a loot credibility today and you know it. The king is one and its RTH

Thank you for the numbers you always provide us....oh wait 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Damianport1 said:

Let's slow down. Now you are insulting me. And my post wasn't rude at all. personally i like Charlie, it's just if you know there is a chance you gonna miss the number by 20M don't post it all. Wait few hours, when you are more confident and then give us number.

Maybe you’re not a bad guy, but that post came off as super aggressive and unnecessary. I don’t know how you see it as not rude, you need a self awareness check. It’s basic social conduct ffs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

This is extremely stupid and pointless

• Like 1