sfran43

Weekend Thread: Top 5 Actuals- The Lion King $76.62M | OUATIH $41.08M | SM: FFH $12.45M | TS3 $10.45M | CRAWL $4.06M

45 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Soon as my daughter is older (let's say 6 she's almost 5) I'm getting AMC alist for her and I. Theater close has all signature recliners. Movie every weekend again. 

The age limit for A-list is currently 16+ :/ 

21 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

I am not talking just about FAA. The regulations in the overall aerospace world is crazy causing the planes themselves to be expensive, airport taxes, etc which they make the money from US airlines.

It's some what similar scenario to the drug and med device industry. Shit is cheaper in OUS due to cost of affordability. 

And by distance, I meant fuel but also what the market will bear. A $150 flight is nothing in the USA whereas anything above $500 per person has folks thinking. 

I guess. Either way it's more expensive for a worse product with no protection for the consumer. Don't even get me started on drug prices. Outright theft versus basically all other countries.

For me I definitely won't spend $450 for a short flight much less $1000 for 3 of us except for holidays. Can't imagine living here and traveling while retired. Would cost like $30-50k a year in airfare.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

EU regs are lax actually in many areas including aerospace, drugs, etc. 

Just because they demand the airlines give you money for delayed money is meaningless. 

For example, Airbus gets tons of subsidy that Boeing would never get. 

I mean Boeing after the max scandal should be near bankrupt. They absolutely get subsidized and we're allowed to self regulate.

My two Regals have the red level plan.  I already have the app but there is nothing to sign up for yet.  Maybe Im just  missing the page lol 

40 minutes ago, 75Live said:

My two Regals have the red level plan.  I already have the app but there is nothing to sign up for yet.  Maybe Im just  missing the page lol 

Starts Monday I believe. 1 year minimum

Also someone said 4dx upcharge would be like $10 or more. What a ripoff

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, FilmBuff said:

Regal going to be taking more losses. AMC’s A LIST is so much better. Regal bought out the recent theater we go to, and it’s basically gone to sh*te since then. Regal’s acquisition of Warren theaters was a catastrophic failure.

I honestly don't think anyone really liked US.  Those who say they did are lying to themselves. They'll watch it again in two years and be horrified at what they are seeing.  It's truly one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen.

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 2

Just now, baumer said:

I honestly don't think anyone really liked US.  Those who say they did are lying to themselves. They'll watch it again in two years and be horrified at what they are seeing.  It's truly one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen.

I haven't even seen it yet, so I can't even agree or disagree 😛

hopefully when it shows up on Netflix or HBO or wherever I'll catch it so I can finally make an opinion

• Like 1

4 hours ago, That One Guy said:

And if they get lucky, they might get another Pirates of the Caribbean

Controversial take: maybe Disney, multi billion dollar company Disney, can afford to lose some money

People tend to forget that even the last POTC two years ago made a good profit

it grossed around 3.4 times its budget ($795 million on a $230 million budget)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, That One Guy said:

And if they get lucky, they might get another Pirates of the Caribbean

Controversial take: maybe Disney, multi billion dollar company Disney, can afford to lose some money

I am 99% sure we aren't getting a final PotC movie because Depp was able to damage his brand beyond repair and he is now nuclear.

5 minutes ago, Felandria said:

People tend to forget that even the last POTC two years ago made a good profit

it grossed around 3.4 times its budget ($795 million on a $230 million budget)

Wasn't PotC in the news for a still too high budget, like something with the numbers exchanged = $320m?

I mean way better than On Stranger Tides' budget of $410.6m / $378.5m net, but still higher than...???

29 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Starts Monday I believe. 1 year minimum

Also someone said 4dx upcharge would be like $10 or more. What a ripoff

Thanks

Didn't know about the one year minimum either

4 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Glad I could help. Maybe this will help the smaller films too?

Possibly. If it's unlimited I'm sure people won't mind seeing more films if they are technically paid for already 

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

Been on an airplane recently?

No, but I don't recall being stung badly last time (last summer).

A few months ago I worked at a motorhome (R-V you call them) rental company, and that company was disgusting with fees. Getting stung with a £15 "admin and processing" fee after you'd made the first, non-refundable payment. £9 fee for there being a TV on the vehicle. £35 fee removed from your deposit by default on all bookings for not refueling the vehicle - even if you did refuel it. Just hoped you wouldn't notice the fee being taken.

Companies like that are disgusting and deserve to go out of business.

Sorry dunno why I just went off on a rant but yes Companies that put in fees not clearly advertised anywhere other than at the bottom of the T&Cs, they are antiquated businesses.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ban1o said:

the RT score for OUATIH keeps dropping. It was 92 on Wednesday but now it's at 85 lol 

It make more sense for it;s placement imo:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/quentin_tarantino

Under Django-Unglorious.

The metascore is probably the result of the MC average score inflation over time, I doubt Bastard/Kill Bill would be a 69 in today critics world, that what Hateful Eight got.

• Like 2