sfran43

Weekend Thread: Top 5 Actuals- The Lion King $76.62M | OUATIH $41.08M | SM: FFH $12.45M | TS3 $10.45M | CRAWL $4.06M

17 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

I’m just glad Pixar for next 3-4 years will atleast be original and make some quality movies 

5 originals within 2020-2022 span, exciting times.

Give me 2000s Pixar original streak!

• Like 4

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

That’s his opinion though. I liked Suicide Squad and still think it’s the best CBM of 2016, and many members give me shit about it, and I easily understand why others don’t like it and the problems with it, but I don’t get in a funk because someone does it like it or if the audience does or doesn’t like it. I mean I thought Aladdin was going to be awful and it’s one of the few Disney remakes I like.

Thats the beauty about film and art in general, its completely subjective, what makes discussing them (in theory at least) a lot of fun with people who have different opinions.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

5 originals within 2020-2022 span, exciting times.

Give me 2000s Pixar original streak!

from what we know so far, and we only know 2 projects i think, still i am very excited for the soul movie, the descreption made me very very very intrigued

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

DD say 95M for TLK, amazing 2nd weekend if it happen

Terrible projection from thursday number. I am not sure even 75m is possible with 15m thursday. Anyway Even Charlie is saying 22-23m friday for Lion king. I doubt its hitting 75m if it just has 22m friday. Kids movies dont have great saturday increase in summer.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Box Office Theory Tracking Thread to Trades.

No Pulse???

giphy.gif

16tB.gif

NO PROBLEM!!! :rock:

You seriously all do an amazing job at tracking the presages, like damn! And are bloody accurate.

In Germany I am all over the place, like seriously, lol.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

That’s his opinion though. I liked Suicide Squad and still think it’s the best CBM of 2016, and many members give me shit about it, and I easily understand why others don’t like it and the problems with it, but I don’t get in a funk because someone does it like it or if the audience does or doesn’t like it. I mean I thought Aladdin was going to be awful and it’s one of the few Disney remakes I like.

If you said Cinema is dead because they don't make more Suicide Squads I would say the same. Difference being I don't give a crap about Studios nor do I let my bias blind me. Suicide Squad is a mess but you know what? It's fun as hell. The more I watch it, the more I like it. I don't care about the problems with and I'm not surprised so many went to see it. I thought Venom wasn't good on the first watch, I liked it more on the 2nd and 3rd viewing.

Elitist attitude is what annoys me. I don't care what someone likes as long as they don't pretend their opinion is better than anyone else. 

Also I never root for films to fail, another thing I don't like personally.

43 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Congratulations for Aladdin getting to the $1B-mark. 💁🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️

It really baffles me though that Disney couldn’t do everything in it’s power to push TJB (2016) to the $1B, despite that film being the highest acclaimed Disney live action remake that they made so far. 🙍🏻‍♀️

That film made $966M WW, which is one of the closer films to that mark.

How were they supposed to add 40m? Expansion and fudge tactics aren't to cover gaps that large. 

5 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

DD say 95M for TLK, amazing 2nd weekend if it happen

For what it's worth, that's just their prediction before seeing any Friday numbers.

There is quite a bit of doubt on this board, however, that it will even sniff that range, given the MTWTh numbers for TLK.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

19m friday would make a 50 weekend feasible. (19/17/14) But off these previews any number will be a relief given that I was sorta expecting a BR2049 situation right up until the end. 

Huh. Didn't realize Blade Runner 2049 opened to $32.8m.

1 minute ago, Taruseth said:

You seriously all do an amazing job at tracking the presages, like damn! And are bloody accurate.

In Germany I am all over the place, like seriously, lol.

To be fair, you dont have the same options in our country and youre also pretty much the only one i know on this site that tries to track the german presales. Not really comparable to the US, imo.

4 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

If you said Cinema is dead because they don't make more Suicide Squads I would say the same. Difference being I don't give a crap about Studios nor do I let my bias blind me. Suicide Squad is a mess but you know what? It's fun as hell. The more I watch it, the more I like it. I don't care about the problems with and I'm not surprised so many went to see it. I thought Venom wasn't good on the first watch, I liked it more on the 2nd and 3rd viewing.

Elitist attitude is what annoys me. I don't care what someone likes as long as they don't pretend their opinion is better than anyone else. 

Also I never root for films to fail, another thing I don't like personally.

So you're a snob about your lowbrow taste?