Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread - Actuals: H&S 25.3, Scary Stories 20.9, TLK 20.2, Dora 17.4, OUATIH 11.6, Racing in Rain 8.1, Kitchen 5.5

Roadside Attractions’ The Peanut Butter Falcon starring Shia LaBeouf and Dakota Johnson was booked at 17 runs in seven markets and grossed around$205,2K. Off great reviews (96% on RT) the pic debuted to decent numbers in Los Angeles and Salt Lake City out of its exclusive runs in that city as well as New York, Dallas, Denver, Charlotte, Salt Lake City and Austin. Roadside reports that Peanut Butter Falcon “was No. 1” in more than half their theatres “including a big commercial multiplex in Salt Lake City,  The Landmark In LA…with lots of sellouts in various markets.” Private CinemaScore was a rare A+ 53% female and 47% male showing up and 65% of the audience under the age of 50. Pic will expand gradually to an expansion of 800 screens on Aug. 23.

https://deadline.com/2019/08/dora-and-the-lost-city-of-gold-hobbs-shaw-the-kitchen-box-office-weekend-1202665153/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Great for Scary Stories! 

I just watched Venom for the first time. 

Every aspect of it is dreadful. Tom Hardy should’ve got the razzie. Mindless entertainment, fine for a Sunday afternoon if there’s nothing else to watch. 

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

32 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Roadside Attractions’ The Peanut Butter Falcon starring Shia LaBeouf and Dakota Johnson was booked at 17 runs in seven markets and grossed around$205,2K. Off great reviews (96% on RT) the pic debuted to decent numbers in Los Angeles and Salt Lake City out of its exclusive runs in that city as well as New York, Dallas, Denver, Charlotte, Salt Lake City and Austin. Roadside reports that Peanut Butter Falcon “was No. 1” in more than half their theatres “including a big commercial multiplex in Salt Lake City,  The Landmark In LA…with lots of sellouts in various markets.” Private CinemaScore was a rare A+ 53% female and 47% male showing up and 65% of the audience under the age of 50. Pic will expand gradually to an expansion of 800 screens on Aug. 23.

https://deadline.com/2019/08/dora-and-the-lost-city-of-gold-hobbs-shaw-the-kitchen-box-office-weekend-1202665153/

Good start. Won't blow up or anything but could reach $5M.

DORA AND THE LOST CITY OF GOLD underperformed internationally with just $2.5M in 11% of the int'l footprint. Spain drops Aug 30, Mexico Sept 13 and Brazil Nov 7.

HOLLYWOOD is coming for the world. QT's latest joint debuted in Russia this weekend with $7.7M--Tarantino's largest debut ever there. FRA/UK (8/14) OZ/BRA/GER/ESP (8/15) MEX (8/23) JPN (8/30) ITA (9/18) KOR (9/26)

'Hobbs & Shaw' crosses $300m worldwide box office as China waits in wings

Box Office: THE LION KING Passes BEAUTY AND THE BEAST And FROZEN To Become Either Disney's Biggest Homegrown Live-Action Global Hit Or The Biggest Animated Movie Ever via by

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Haha if Halle Berry got the razzie for delivering very similar dialogue like that... he should’ve as well 😂

Both Halle and Tom are Oscar-worthy. Razzie should go to paycheck collectors who don't bother to act, not to committed actors who take every job seriously. 

1 hour ago, efialtes76 said:

I hope this comes to one of my multiplexes because I definitely would want to see it in theaters! I'm very happy for it because this seems like the perfect film for Roadside Attractions to distribute!

The Lion King grossed an estimated $51.4M internationally this weekend, including a $9.3M debut in Japan. International total stands at $861.5M, global total stands at $1.335B - BOReport

100 more OS-Japan after ~42 weekend.

50 more Japan after 9.3 weekend.

That takes OS to 861.5 + 100 + 50 = ~1011.5

540 Dom gives ~1551.5 WW

I don't see where the dough for 1600 comes from. Japan could do 10 more than my ~60 guess and OS-Japan could add 15-20 more taking WW to 1575-1580. Don't think Dom will go over low-540 as I2's legs from now on give it 548 and it's been trailing I2's trending a lot. 535+ Dom is more realistic than 545+.

7 minutes ago, a2k said:

100 more OS-Japan after ~42 weekend.

50 more Japan after 9.3 weekend.

That takes OS to 861.5 + 100 + 50 = ~1011.5

540 Dom gives ~1551.5 WW

I don't see where the dough for 1600 comes from. Japan could do 10 more than my ~60 guess and OS-Japan could add 15-20 more taking WW to 1575-1580. Don't think Dom will go over low-540 as I2's legs from now on give it 548 and it's been trailing I2's trending a lot. 535+ Dom is more realistic than 545+.

You can squeeze 20+ out of Italy

37 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Oh, no. It’ll get there. No way Disney will let TLK miss that milestone, let alone beating Rogue One.

The only time I can remember Disney caring about any box-office milestone was Endgame beating Avatar, and that's probably ONLY because it was Avatar.... otherwise they seem to be fine pulling movies from theaters no matter how close they might be to a nice number or a marketable record.

• Like 1