grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

6 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Looks awful to me. Scott Pilgrim tried the same thing and succeeded, but this looks cringy, visually awful and outright embarassing at times, but that's just me.

I like Edgar Wright, I do but some of his fans sometimes make me wish for his career to totally collapse and he’s stuck doing CBS episodes just to shut them up. 

Anyway I adored SR, a movie earnestly trying to honest to God without modern snark emulate old Saturday morning action cartoons (like SR) and buried underneath this blockbuster big budget movie with race cars and ninjas, we have a sincere anti-corporate screed that’s hypocritical yet I respect the gall to do it because the directors wanted to, not because it focus tested well. 

14 hours ago, Cap said:

I will never understand this release date. Why are you dropping reactions on Spider-Man opening night? What actually is in this movie that WB actively doesn’t want anyone to see? This is just crazy at this point. 

Traditionally the market expands in the summer time and holiday period and you get several movies doing well at the same time.

14 hours ago, Cap said:

I will never understand this release date. Why are you dropping reactions on Spider-Man opening night? What actually is in this movie that WB actively doesn’t want anyone to see? This is just crazy at this point. 

If the plan is for them to wait for people not to be stupid, they'll have to wait forever. 

• Knock It Off 2

2 hours ago, RRA said:

I like Edgar Wright, I do but some of his fans sometimes make me wish for his career to totally collapse and he’s stuck doing CBS episodes just to shut them up.

I'm actually not a big fan of Edgar or Scott Piligrim, I just felt this type of style worked much better in SP, even though SP was too much for me.