grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

rewatched revolutions and yeah i like it fine but this one doesn't entirely work for me. definitely a slog in the middle. might be a hot take but i don't think the sequels needed Smith at all. kind of the least interesting element in his plot line. especially in reloaded when he just keeps showing up at the end of scenes for some action like Jason Statham in Furious 7.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, solaris said:

Even the negative reviews seem to have an admiration for how much of a wild swing it appears to be. 

Many of them do appear to be that way, although the one from the NY Post seems pretty scratching, to the point where it compares the movie to Space Jam: A New Legacy, which is weird, because I was under the impression that this movie is meant to be a critique on Hollywood’s obsession with IP’s and nostalgia.

In any case, this definitely doesn’t seem like it’ll be seen as a crowd pleaser among the general public. A B Cinemascore wouldn’t surprise me. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 1

Rewatched Reloaded and it's way better than the first??? 

The action is fantastic. The story moves along nicely. What more do you want?

Also if you watch it with your standard 2021 knowledge of tech then that scene where they barrage you with a bunch of computer nonsense with Colonel Sanders is way easier to follow.

Edit: has anyone noticed that the 4K Matrix releases are less green? I think it looks much nicer now.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Rewatched Reloaded and it's way better than the first??? 

The action is fantastic. The story moves along nicely. What more do you want?

Also if you watch it with your standard 2021 knowledge of tech then that scene where they barrage with you with a bunch of computer nonsense with Colonel Sanders is way easier to follow.

Edit: has anyone noticed that the 4K Matrix releases are less green? I think it looks much nicer now.

yes they did mute the green filter in these 4k editions

zVBp6tG.png

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

A bit surprised with the RT score. Critics really liking big swings for sure.

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

now i'm hyping myself up by watching a bunch of old newgrounds parodies. they all suck but man i remember how many times i watched them when i was like 11.

The internet of like 2002-07 was so pure. Everyone sharing their joy of things they liked. 

RIP to the matrix fansite I was a moderator on, It closed around 2006 or so IIRC. I was on the mod team when Reloaded and Revolutions came out, even the divisive reactions didn't cause flame wars.

• Like 2

Still at 70% with 132 reviews on rotten tomatoes 

65 on metacritic with 44 reviews 

At this point this is not going below 62-63 on metacritic, really good all things considered. 

RT is more difficult because it probably have more 150 reviews or so coming, but it's unlikely to go rotten at this point.

I'm really happy for Lana, it's not the best reception ever but at least people are recognizing the movie during the release this time instead of years later.

• Like 4

It’s still terrible tho at 6.2 ave rating. It could drop to the high 5s ave rating. It’s poor. 

70% rt generous. This is over rated due to not having gone to the cinemas in years. But the ave rating is poor. 

Edited by Halba
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 2