grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

On 12/16/2021 at 11:58 PM, lorddemaxus said:

Yeah same. Saw Gremlins 2 a couple months ago and it's one of those movies were there isn't a single second I don't find enjoyable. Highest praise a franchise film going for satire could get for me.

Gremlins 2 had one of all time favoirte lines from Brains Gremlin:

"I am advising my clients to invest in canned goods and shotguns".

• Like 1

Tickets finally went on-sale here a couple of hours ago, IMAX seats for the 26th are secured. And I just saw the full score is up so I'll definitely be listening to that tomorrow during work.

Also up to Reloaded in my rewatch tonight, can't wait to see the epic Chateau fight and freeway chase scenes that never get old.

21 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Comes out in 3 days and there is pretty much zero hype. Man did WB fuck up with this 

Doing another Matrix movie just like making another Suicide Squad movie was always going to be a risk. Maybe WB felt they owed Lana Wachowski enough to allow her to make at least one more Matrix movie, and if it ended up getting people talking then they could start that franchise up again for the long term. 

From just my brief observations surrounding this movie it feels similar to James Gunns "The Suicide Squad", in that WB seemingly allowed Lana Wachowski make the movie she wanted to make with little studio interference regardless of the uncertain box office potential. I guess we'll just have to see how they respond to this movies preformance.

rewatched the animatrix. i remember the one short from this they really hyped up was Last Flight of the Osiris because it was made by the same people who made the Final Fantasy movie and had the same "digital actress" in it but of course now it looks like total ass and the rest of the shorts still look great.

• Like 1