grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

That demo looks amazing until you see the driving section and think 'yup, it's just another videogame.'

I remember how nuts the watchowskis went for that Enter The Matrix tie-in though. As far as expanding the scope of the franchise with a concurrent plot it was an interesting failure.

Edited by Hatebox

9 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Still can't believe they passed on the obvious title of THE MATRIX REBOOTED 

I’m just happy they didn’t call it Matrix, like how Scream 5 and Halloween 2018 are just the same name as the original. Rebooted may have been too on the nose but it fits the world.

• Like 1

Listening to the the Neo and Trinity track. Final stetch of the track literally sounds like Jon Hopkin's Singularity lmao. I don't mind the switch towards electronica music, eg. artists like Jon Hopkins, Four Tet, Daniel Avery, Rival Consoles, here (mainly because I dig that kind of music). Probably more fitting than the hyperpop suggestions I saw a while ago lol.

On 12/10/2021 at 11:20 AM, Hatebox said:

That demo looks amazing until you see the driving section and think 'yup, it's just another videogame.'

I remember how nuts the watchowskis went for that Enter The Matrix tie-in though. As far as expanding the scope of the franchise with a concurrent plot it was an interesting failure.

Enter The Matrix was a good game. It was fun.

I had no idea it wasn't well received until the internet was more commonplace years later.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AJG said:

Enter The Matrix was a good game. It was fun.

I had no idea it wasn't well received until the internet was more commonplace years later.

Must admit I never played it but I remember contemporary reviews being quite underwhelmed. I did play Path Of Neo which was borderline broken, but I don't think the Wachowskis had anything to do with it.

That "Matrix Awakens" demo was crazy.  They should definitely make that a full fledge game.  It's getting crazy reviews all over the net.  I literally thought it was live action, the graphics are that good.  It's clear how we are in much more of a "Matrix" World today than back in 99.   Which makes the whole franchise relevant.   WB should consider doing a Matrix Television show as well, it's such a rich Universe.   Some people have said the marketing hasn't been good and I don't agree with that at all.   "Resurrections" has had one of the best campaigns in years.   Tons of Tie Ins, great TV Spots, two strong trailers and this video game.    Interactive Teasers that tell you the time.   I'm very excited to see what this does number wise.  

6 hours ago, filmscholar said:

Some people have said the marketing hasn't been good and I don't agree with that at all.   "Resurrections" has had one of the best campaigns in years.   Tons of Tie Ins, great TV Spots, two strong trailers and this video game.    Interactive Teasers that tell you the time.   I'm very excited to see what this does number wise.  

The marketing largely sucked until about 3 weeks ago, when things began ti pick up dramatically. I am seeing tons of TV spots now. I just hope the film delivers. Seems clear this would have been a solid sized hit pre covid.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Saw it tonight. I really enjoyed it for the most part. I feel like it's actually closer to the original film than the sequels were in terms of how it felt.

I’ve been getting that vibe from the trailers and the Unreal Engine tech demo, I feel like the difference compared to the sequels is that Neo seems more “likeable” as he was in the original film. In Reloaded/Revolutions he always seems to come across as aloof, which is understandable from a story perspective as he’s practically a god, but it means that the audience loses that connection we had with him as a “normal” guy discovering that his world is a lie. Resurrections seems like it’s going back to that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Saw it tonight. I really enjoyed it for the most part. I feel like it's actually closer to the original film than the sequels were in terms of how it felt.

Matrix 5 will be a big hit?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

How do you predict the critic/audience response is gonna be?

I think GA will enjoy it, there is something for everyone, and the action is fantastic, it actually made me realise just how bad/non-existent really fantastic action pieces have been lately in big movies (read: marvel).

As far as critics go? Who knows? Who cares?

• Like 7