Eric Lasagna

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

Ok I just saw the movie, a little hyped but I was on my guard. Nothing to say. The film is excellent. I can swear that it will have very good reviews everywhere and that it will perform very well at the box office throughout the Christmas period. Easily in my top 3 best spiderman movies btw.

7 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I believe for the critics get to choose whether or not they want to grade the film as fresh when submitting.

6 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

the author chose it to be rotten

Ah thanks, didn't knew it went like that. I always thought RT chose it's rotten or not based on if it's given half or less.

The EU based guild, I am in rarely talks about movies and MCU - even less. Most of 'em are from Germany, France, Italy and UK. 

We were waiting for people to come back and start the RAID on world boss but who were supposed to come after they had watched the New Spidey movie bailed on us at last hour to go watch the movie again.....But they didn't leave it at that, they came online and hyped the fuck out of movie so much on discord voice chat...One of 'em only talking in exclamations... how movie is f*cking, gankest and dopeset and f*ckin greatest or I guess that's only thing I could understand from what he was saying (he mixed in german words in between)

So, yeah... No RAID for 2night and 2morrow.... they all are going  to watch it now... or 2morrow, whenever they get ticket.

I don't know how I will wait another 20 hours now.... 

• Haha 3

I enjoyed the film. Glad I saw it on opening day, really vocal audience reactions for a UK audience, this is going to play well. Clapping/cheering/big laughs etc. 

This was of a similar quality to the previous MCU Spider-Man films. Jon Watts doesn’t step it up with his direction but does a serviceable job. 

It doesn’t juggle all it’s different arcs/character relationships as well as something like Spider-Verse. Some stuff just seems kind of thrown in to make the film feel more dramatic and serious that didn’t work for me. The film is much better when it's just having fun. 

It does do an admirable job with everything considering the task at hand though, I think it just about hangs together. 

Legacy character are actually treated pretty well (No portrayal felt tarnished but some motivations are paper thin), they mostly act as shorthand and the film makes the most of interactions.

Expect business as usual when it comes to the films technical aspects. The usual green screen/CGI shenanigans (one character seems particularly unfinished throughout). Sound mixing lacks a punch (which is a shame when it comes to music), night scenes are especially flat when it comes to their look and once again I find myself tuning out of the action sequences. 

Good flick, fun time at the cinema. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, anti-Pedantic said:

The EU based guild, I am in rarely talks about movies and MCU - even less. Most of 'em are from Germany, France, Italy and UK. 

We were waiting for people to come back and start the RAID on world boss but who were supposed to come after they had watched the New Spidey movie bailed on us at last hour to go watch the movie again.....But they didn't leave it at that, they came online and hyped the fuck out of movie so much on discord voice chat...One of 'em only talking in exclamations... how movie is f*cking, gankest and dopeset and f*ckin greatest or I guess that's only thing I could understand from what he was saying (he mixed in german words in between)

So, yeah... No RAID for 2night and 2morrow.... they all are going  to watch it now... or 2morrow, whenever they get ticket.

I don't know how I will wait another 20 hours now.... 

you know this is the spiderman thread not the world of warcraft thread?

1 hour ago, jking123 said:

so is this looking to be the first Hollywood billion dollar film in like 2 years?

Wonder what the upper limit will be

I think 500 million domestic should happen and overseas looks like 500 million should happen.

I think without omnicron likely done quite a bit more.