Eric the IF

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

NWH audience scores online are extremely high on LBD and IMDb so far. on Letterboxd it's ahead of every Spider-Man movie except Spider-Verse so I think it might get an A+ Cinema Score after all. 

despite a lot of people doubting him Jon Watts delivered the best live action Spider-Man movie. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

NWH audience scores online are extremely high on LBD and IMDb so far. on Letterboxd it's ahead of every Spider-Man movie except Spider-Verse so I think it might get an A+ Cinema Score after all. 

despite a lot of people doubting him Jon Watts delivered the best live action Spider-Man movie. 

Idk, A+ is really tough to get, this just might be a higher A on Cinemascore (haven't seen it yet though so who knows)

1 hour ago, Momori said:

Fandango 🤣

It's fascinating how Fandango has now come around to embracing this movie again, like many others.  I could go on an Essay-length counter-argument, here, to the dominant narrative of the last 14 years, but I'll just say this: Raimi's Spider-Man 3 isn't perfect, isn't a patch on 2 or the relative creative chance-taking on 1 -- but I think this whole "SM3 sux" and black-suit-Bully-Maguire thing has been pulled out of context through the years.  The whole point of Raimi's take was that Bully Parker was *still* lame-o Parker, as evidenced in the scene above, just now with a crueler edge.  The way he struts in and out of the shop and ladies look at him like he's an alien both before and after, for his bizarre behavior in 2007 New York -- is not some bold creative misfire -- it is Raimi and Maguire's whole spin on "What if this actually happened to *our* Peter Parker?"  He would turn into an asshole, sure, but he would also *still* be looked at like he's a reject/weirdo, most women who don't already know him would be put off by him (my interpretation is that Raimi's Betty always had a secret crush, and Gwen had a neglectful boyfriend, so she'd gravitate towards any nice attention).  This black-symbiote-induced Parker would still ultimately become a pariah (as the brilliant Bully-Maguire fan videos often point out).  JUSTICE FOR BLACK-SUIT-BULLY DISCO DANCING PETER!!  😁

• Like 1

On a side note, I’ll say seven words I never thought I’d say or be a possibility: Jon Watts made a great Spider-Man movie. 

Still think dude is just the face used for Feige and crew and not a real person lol.

57 minutes ago, Macleod said:

IThe whole point of Raimi's take was that Bully Parker was *still* lame-o Parker, as evidenced in the scene above, just now with a crueler edge.  The way he struts in and out of the shop and ladies look at him like he's an alien both before and after, for his bizarre behavior in 2007 New York -- is not some bold creative misfire -- it is Raimi and Maguire's whole spin on "What if this actually happened to *our* Peter Parker?"  He would turn into an asshole, sure, but he would also *still* be looked at like he's a reject/weirdo, most women who don't already know him would be put off by him (my interpretation is that Raimi's Betty always had a secret crush, and Gwen had a neglectful boyfriend, so she'd gravitate towards any nice attention).  This black-symbiote-induced Parker would still ultimately become a pariah (as the brilliant Bully-Maguire fan videos often point out).  JUSTICE FOR BLACK-SUIT-BULLY DISCO DANCING PETER!!  😁

There are a lot of other parts of the movie I dislike, but everything you say here is true. This scene has always been unjustly hated when in reality it is one of the best and most creative scenes in a superhero film. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RealLyre said:

Just because this is a massive fan service and nostalgia bait doesn't mean it's the best Spider-Man movie, unless fan service and nostalgia are everything for you of course. And looks like it's everything for most people judging by those insane audience ratings and reactions.

Edited by Firepower
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 5