Eric the Ape

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

40 minutes ago, Lion Roar said:

Movie was good, not great. Plot mechanics were way too stupid, but emotional beats worked so well that I'm almost able to over look it. My main takeaway from this movie is what a huge wasted opportunity the ASM series was. Never cared about his movies before, but this time it really highlights how great Andrew Garfield could have been. Honestly just make him the Spider-man of the Venomverse and give the man another shot. He deserves it. 

Upper mid-tier MCU. Not my favorite outing of the year, but I will watch again on Sunday before I decide my final ranking. 

Put it in the spoiler part rather than here, it will be better for those who haven't seen the movie yet I think.

This thing has its good moments, but i was left feeling "eh" at the end. Same feeling with HC and FFH. Nothing i have not seen before. But i get why people like it so much. 

Dune spoiled me so badly i can't take the acting in this seriously, being afraid that people can burst out laughing at any time. And i read this kind of ending in some manga before. It did manage to squeeze some tears out of me 2 times, but i had to really let my guard down. 

Maybe the 2nd viewing will be better. But yeah it's no Endgame. Endgame crushed my expectation. This merely tickled it.

Edited by nguyenkhoi282
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

iJack and me right now

Garfield was a excellent  Spidey, problem was the scripts for both his films were flawed.

Same as Henry Cavill and Superman:: a potentially great Superman tripped up by flawed scripts.

Both did  well with what they were civen.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, John Rambo said:

SONY messed up big time...wonder who was the head at that point of time...i want to tag him on social media and blast him!

I know you hate Holland as Spidey, but after the Second ASM movie disspaointed at the box office, SONY had no choice but to reboot. it was not Garfield's  fault, but life is not fair.

Edited by dudalb

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

I know you hate Holland as Spidey, but after the Second ASM movie disspaointed at the box office, SONY had no choice but to reboot. it was not Garfield's  fault, but life is not fair.

Nope its not hate...i am a huge fan of Tobey and Andrew spidey movies...tobey atleast got a closure whereas Andrew being the best actor among the 3...did not get what he actually deserved! Sony/Amy messed up big time with not so good storylines, writing, villains etc but again it was Andrew who lifted those movies...

I am no fan of Holland as spidey but i follow his movies due to connection with MCU...but i liked his performance in NWH compared to all the other movies

9 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

was reading somewhere after TASM2 she met kevin for some ideas after TASM2 he gave some and she threw sandwich at him itseems :D

FWIW worth reading are King Kevin’s TASM 2 notes that were in the leaked Sony emails if one is ever bored.

• Haha 1