Eric the Ape

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

I just bought tickets to see Spidey in Liemax!

I think this is the first time I'll see an MCU movie in theaters since... Spidey Homecoming lol.

The IMAX is great. It's expanded for the entire movie. Hopefully they release this version at home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

The IMAX is great. It's expanded for the entire movie. Hopefully they release this version at home.

hmm.

Don't know if that applies to Liemax theaters. Real IMAX is more square.

Which IMAX screen did you see it on, if you don't mind saying?

35 minutes ago, cannastop said:

hmm.

Don't know if that applies to Liemax theaters. Real IMAX is more square.

Which IMAX screen did you see it on, if you don't mind saying?

Liemax. Not square but still more screen. It's like 16:9.

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-2-IMAX-Aspect-Ra

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Firepower said:

It doesn't justify those ratings, it's not The Godfather or The Shawshank Redemption, wild right? 10/10 fan-service/nostalgia doesn't equal 10/10 movie itself.

I think it's more about critics and audiences rating it for what it is rather than indirectly putting it next to the all time classics. As a crowd pleasing blockbuster movie it's said to be really, really solid. 

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

These Thursday night numbers are undeniably massive, although comparing them to TFA and EG might be a bit skewed, as screenings for those movies started at 7:00 PM and 6:00 PM respectively. 

I have noticed Spidey seems to be on less overall screens for some reason. Maybe not less than TFA but definitely less than Endgame. My theater last night had Spidey on around 6 while Endgame was playing on at least 10.

Movie was good, not great. Plot mechanics were way too stupid, but emotional beats worked so well that I'm almost able to over look it. My main takeaway from this movie is what a huge wasted opportunity the ASM series was. Never cared about his movies before, but this time it really highlights how great Andrew Garfield could have been. Honestly just make him the Spider-man of the Venomverse and give the man another shot. He deserves it. 

Upper mid-tier MCU. Not my favorite outing of the year, but I will watch again on Sunday before I decide my final ranking. 

• Like 4