sfran43

Weekend Thread: Actuals - Mal2 $19.4M | Joker $19.2M | Adam's Family 12M | Zombieland $11.8M | Countdown $8.9M | Black & Blue $8.4M

37 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

keep in mind there's a lot of amazing films I haven't seen. And, now that I am thinking, it may not be my number 1, but a close second to my favorite film of all time; The Truman Show. Damn, that film brings me to tears each time I watch it, so inspirational. Its a shame it never won an Oscar. I sure hope The Lighthouse does because a lot of the categories are in play for this film winning.

Also Chris Stuckmann gave the film his best grade an A+ after not giving it to a film for 2 whole years. And imo he's a pretty reliable critic.

Truman Show's in my all-time top 3, love that movie. I even quoted the "good afternoon..." line at the end of my TEDx talk in high school, lol

• Like 5

Didn't bother looking at this week since the openers are only playing at one location across town this week (plus I'm super busy).

Also unsure if I'll be able to report on Terminator next week :( spontaneous trip to Alberta is happening, and my flight is Friday afternoon/evening. And I doubt my friend wants me to get to her dorm room and all of a sudden start calculating comps for a Terminator movie. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Surprised to see no updates so far. I just checked AMC(did not track weekdays). But compared to friday Mal 2 dropped like lwo 50% from last friday(minus previews). Joker in high 30's % drop from last week. This is just AMC.

It's a boring weekend. Movie that was finally getting Asgardians excited again is doing teens.   

That said I'm still looking for any morsels I can get, so I'll take this data and be happy. Though AMC of course might not generalize exactly, this would be pointing to *around*:  
MAL 10.25*.47= 4.8M 
Mistah J 8.585*.62=5.3M  

Would be a slightly on high end of expectation daily increase for J, bit on the low end of what I was thinking for M.  

Would be good for weekends of maybe mid 19s Mal, ~18 J.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Surprised to see no updates so far. I just checked AMC(did not track weekdays). But compared to friday Mal 2 dropped like lwo 50% from last friday(minus previews). Joker in high 30's % drop from last week. This is just AMC.

Wow, thats good drop for Joker. So 120-125% increase from Thursday ?

26 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

its a slow non-event weekend, very little updates is expected

6 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

It's a boring weekend. Movie that was finally getting Asgardians excited again is doing teens.   

That said I'm still looking for any morsels I can get, so I'll take this data and be happy. Though AMC of course might not generalize exactly, this would be pointing to *around*:  
MAL 10.25*.47= 4.8M 
Mistah J 8.585*.62=5.3M  

Would be a slightly on high end of expectation daily increase for J, bit on the low end of what I was thinking for M.  

Would be good for weekends of maybe mid 19s Mal, ~18 J.

Mal2 v J could be closer than what Deadline is saying, probably Mal2 upstages Joker. 

Surprises me that Mal2 is projected to drop more than ZL2.

Using your number,

4.8 + 8.4 (+75% ... close to Tue bump) + 5.8 (-31%) = 19.0 for Mal2 (3.96x the Fri)

5.3 + 7.7 (+45%) + 5.0 (-35%) = 18.0 Joker (3.4x the Fri)

Mal2 would have to be not more than 4.5-4.6 and Joker at least 5.1-5.2 for the latter to have a better than 50-50 shot at winning the weekend.

PSA-If you’re looking for something to watch this weekend Dolemite Is My Name starring Eddie Murphy.  It’s on Netflix.  It’s really a lot of fun and you get a reminder of why Eddie Murphy became such a big star 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1