TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

Honestly I think the large amount of quantity of projects and the need to up the scales of the Infinity Saga has done more harm than good for Phase 4. If every movie is an Avengers level event; then nothing is, and this nature has hurt a lot of movies. I like both Eternals and Multiverse of Madness but a lot of problems stem from the films are at war with being something of the directors style and what the MCU has to be which does hurt them a bit. Note there's exceptions like the Coogler and Gunn movies but I do think that's coming out more pronounced here. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Movie nerd said:

MCU in the era after Endgame has quality control problem, Feige is constantly letting projects with undercooked scripts go into the production.

The pressure of delivering yearly quota of content in Disney plus era has gotten to him and quality suffers. 

The pandemic hasn't helped this ether

The bigger the swing narratively, the more mixed the reviews are for MCU movies. If they’re safe and go for the tried and tested then they tend to get good aggregate scores, but that’s not really saying much as to the ambition. 

I want them to get more complex, but as they do this more they’re going to alienate at least some critics.  You can sense many of them have just had enough of keeping up with it now.  They should be reviewing it in the context of keeping up with where all the intertwined stories are, but that’s a big ask broadly. 

Edited by wildphantom
  • Like 2

The overreactions from the MCU doomsdayers are so funny. The fact that many critics are calling QM the best of the Ant-Man trilogy but it is still getting a lower RT than the first two films literally shows the only difference is that weaker entries in the MCU are not getting any free passes from critics anymore.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AJG said:

61% 

Disney need to give King Kevin a 6 month break to recuperate. He’s being overworked and it’s hurting the product.

Honestly. No more than 3 movies and two shows a year. And I do think they should have less green writers. I've been harping on the Rick and Morty to MCU pipeline for a minute, It's not so much that although it's a large part of that. It's more I think you need to write a smaller movie like a comedy first before doing a big tentpole as you can learn from your mistakes. McKenna and Sommers did a lot of movies (even though I hate FFH, they knew how to write a script). A lot of people in phases 4-6 either never written a film before or were returning with the former being more so for Phases 5 and 6.

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

MCU is in legitimate trouble going forward. There is a clear lack of vision at this point and it’s happening right when WB seem to finally be getting a hold on what to do with DCU. That’s a dangerous combination for Disney. 

not lack of vision! they got the story setup ! one of the good thing in this movie is that road and idea is show and established well

the issue is lack of execution and improvement ! now people are more critical of these movies unlike phase 1 or 2 where no critic really took them seriously and said they will fade away ! but now they are all in and marvel should do nothing wrong even gen audience are expecting more quality than just entertainment 

1 minute ago, YM! said:

Honestly. No more than 3 movies and two shows a year. And I do think they should have less green writers. I've been harping on the Rick and Morty to MCU pipeline for a minute, It's not so much that although it's a large part of that. It's more I think you need to write a smaller movie like a comedy first before doing a big tentpole as you can learn from your mistakes. McKenna and Sommers did a lot of movies (even though I hate FFH, they knew how to write a script). A lot of people in phases 4-6 either never written a film before or were returning with the former being more so for Phases 5 and 6.

Agreed. and let someone else oversee the shows. Or focus more on special presentations. Rather have that then the shows. It´s just to much for one to oversee for one man. 

8 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

2x multiplier? Even MoM could scrap 2.2x. LaT 2.4x 

I think $240-250M DOM

Not getting as high of an OW as people are thinking it will. It’s going to be insanely preview frontloaded, which is why tracking is looking like it is. 

Edited by MovieMan89