TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

1 hour ago, Willowra said:

There is no such set rule that if a fun, action-packed CBM movie gets a B+ score, then it will be considered a bad score. In the end, what matters is how many people liked the movie and how many didn't.

U know Horror Movies' cinemascore tend to be terrible right?

While comic books or films with huge fanbase have cinemascore inflated usually because fans flock for OW, and mostly say good things about the films (since they are fans), unless something is truly terrible...

Man, you guys are killing my once-high, already dwindling hype!!

In all seriousness, at this point I'm seeing this for Kang and for Multiverse Saga setup so the MCU feels like it means something again (Phase 4 was meandering, as has been discussed ad nauseum). I'm going in with really low expectations so it should be fine but if the movie still falls short then I'm really going to have to reevaluate my dedication to this franchise. As it is, the shows have tested my limit (the back to back last summer of Love and Thunder and then She-Hulk wrecked me).

1 hour ago, TigerPaw said:

U know Horror Movies' cinemascore tend to be terrible right?

While comic books or films with huge fanbase have cinemascore inflated usually because fans flock for OW, and mostly say good things about the films (since they are fans), unless something is truly terrible...

I'm talking about CBM movies, not horror. Cinemascore of CBM and most other genres except horror matches with a RT-verified audience score So they aren't inflated or deflated. A B+ CBM generally gets a RT-verified score in the 80s, and an A or A+ generally gets one in the 90s. If the QM score remains in the 80s, then it is likely to get a B+ score.

14 minutes ago, Willowra said:

I'm talking about CBM movies, not horror. Cinemascore of CBM and most other genres except horror matches with a RT-verified audience score So they aren't inflated or deflated. A B+ CBM generally gets a RT-verified score in the 80s, and an A or A+ generally gets one in the 90s. If the QM score remains in the 80s, then it is likely to get a B+ score.

I am giving you explanation of why you can't compare this to The Joker's cinemascore..R-rated, depressing films are not comparable.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

All of those were shot on film. Digital can ruin even the best cinematographers.

Excuses. You can make digital look however you want. It's on the cinematographer to do that (with input from the director).

• Like 1

It's way too overhated by the critics. It's for sure a fun watch compared to Thor TDW and Eternals(which I didn't completely hate). For most of the run time it has the vibe of weird 70s/80s Sci-fi movie. Kang was easily the best part and my theaters cheered multiple times when he went full Col. Kurtz lol. Definitely, a tighter script would have helped with some of the other things though.

Edited by Saul Goodman

1 hour ago, AJG said:

The Verified Audience Score dropped from 85% to 84%.

If it drops into the 70s this movie is DOA.

It will drop into the 70s. The movie is bad. MODOK got a loud reaction on my show, and not the good type.

• Haha 1