TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

7 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It made 900 million dollars! How that's not exactly the sign of a movie audiences hated.

Lotta people here sure do love drawing targets around those bullet holes to make their points

dude you are the one in here arguing at a b+ cinemascore is just fine and that audience score for a cbm being higher than critics score is meaninful in order to defend a franchise that you dedicate your life to

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It made 900 million dollars! How that's not exactly the sign of a movie audiences hated.

Lotta people here sure do love drawing targets around those bullet holes to make their points

Half of that was in the opening weekend, when people don't know the quality of the movie. It fell off a cliff when word got out.

If DS2 had an average MCU reception it would have made $1.1b from that opening.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Favorite Fearless Legion said:

If you just look at MCU maoyan’s like 8.6-8.9 most of them are A CS! Did it become even more inflated in past 3 years?

CM 8.7 A

AM&tW 8.8 A-

Ragnarok 8.9 A

DS1 8.9 A

CW 8.6 A

AM1 8.9 A

AoU 8.6 A

TDW 8.7 A-

yeah every good movie with decent WoM..is like a 9.2 - 9.6 now it seems. At least for Chinese films.

We usually consider a film good when it is above 9; because there are too many movies above 9 in recent years.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nevermore said:

I imagine there was no Raimi nostalgia to carry it. It's not a great movie when you take that away.

1. I disagree with it not being a great movie

2. Are the Raimi films not known/popular in China? I know they released before theaters took off in China but I'd imagine they are at least aware of them.

5 minutes ago, Landon1195 said:

1. I disagree with it not being a great movie

2. Are the Raimi films not known/popular in China? I know they released before theaters took off in China but I'd imagine they are at least aware of them.

I'd guess a simple part of it is that China didn't get to have that awesome theater experience with it either. I'm lukewarm on the movie, but dear god was it a great night at the theater. 

2 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

yeah every good movie with decent WoM..is like a 9.2 - 9.6 now it seems. At least for Chinese films.

We usually consider a film good when it is above 9; because there are too many movies above 9 in recent years.

Yeah my sense is that locals have usually been more inflated than HW — I guess not that many Hollywood real blockbusters recently to compare

Modok is trending, Kang is not. Kang = Fetch. Marvel should change next Avengers into Modok Dynasty. Everyone loves Modok. I'm reading reactions and they are much more positive than reviews and people love Modok, don't care for Kang. Kang is literally just comic book reader's thing. GA wants Modok.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Haha 3
  • ...wtf 2

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

it's time to revive the MODOK cartoon show. gone too soon i enjoyed it.

I was kind of shocked to see the hit monkey renewal — that whole batch of shows seemed like dead men walking after the fox purchase+d+ tc plan pivot. I guess the reception/viewership was good enough?

2 minutes ago, Favorite Fearless Legion said:

I was kind of shocked to see the hit monkey renewal — that whole batch of shows seemed like dead men walking after the fox purchase+d+ tc plan pivot. I guess the reception/viewership was good enough?

hit monkey is actually legit really good. i know it's Hulu in the US but Disney+ here so i'll call it the best Disney+ marvel show easily.

• Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, Favorite Fearless Legion said:

Hit Monkey got renewed?  I loved that show - figured it was a goner.

And MODOK was pretty good, too - I'd take a season 2 for that one, too!

21 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Modok is trending, Kang is not. Kang = Fetch. Marvel should change next Avengers into Modok Dynasty. Everyone loves Modok. I'm reading reactions and they are much more positive than reviews and people love Modok, don't care for Kang. Kang is literally just comic book reader's thing. GA wants Modok.

One of the problems with Kang is that hes a villian who gets his ass kicked over and over again but shows up with a new version right after. I can see that being lame long term. 

• Like 4

A pretty funny thing about how the mcu lined up is that they had Thanos pull Kang’s schtick in Endgame — one version lost and then they had to fight a variant!  

And though I liked the shock twist of killing the OG I do think that fighting a version which “didn’t even know who they were” sort of undermined the final fight some.

Edited by Favorite Fearless Legion

1 hour ago, GOGODanca said:

dude you are the one in here arguing at a b+ cinemascore is just fine and that audience score for a cbm being higher than critics score is meaninful in order to defend a franchise that you dedicate your life to

Man you guys are the ones claiming anything under 200 is a bomb, and that the sky is falling every two seconds, and that only the negative stuff counts and positives don't. I swear I'll make Bassett winning for Black Panther my avatar when it happens just so people will stop pretending it's somehow a failure

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Man you guys are the ones claiming anything under 200 is a bomb, and that the sky is falling every two seconds, and that only the negative stuff counts and positives don't. I swear I'll make Bassett winning for Black Panther my avatar when it happens just so people will stop pretending it's somehow a failure

Basset winning Oscar won't make it cross 870 million which it did.