TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

57 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Rick and Morty writers didn't write either Ant-Man 2 or Endgame?

Just like @Verrowssaid that was an endgame issue not this movie so my bad .

but my point still stands for Loki and  DS2 .

fiege has handed his universe to creatives who don't really care that much about continuity or consistency .

phase 4 has tried to be more creative but the writing has been so subpar and all over the place . 

infinity saga wasn't a masterpiece but it's strength was putting out consistent well made enjoyable films with a tightly connected universe that was simple and audiences understood the stakes, characters . It was like a neat puzzle coming together.

the current phases have too much going on , lots of characters,factions , new worlds Some with little development and for the love of me  can't tell how all this pieces are going to fit together without being messy or filling hollow due to us not caring that much about any of the characters.

multiverse saga will be messy as a whole probably due to shaky foundation but it seems fiege listened to complaints and MCU will be scaling down Abit . Next saga should be interesting I hope as long as they don't ruin the franchise further  this saga . If F4 and both KD and SW suck that would be detrimental.

1 hour ago, The GOAT said:

the only great movie the mcu ever produced (but Iron Man 1 isnt that far behind)

• Like 1

I never really got the appeal of the MCU. Especially later phases. It just seems so bland and boring. The Disney+ shows even more so. I also see a lot of people complaining about how the MCU is destroying cinema. And how there's mediocre to poor word of mouth with these recent movies. And I can't help but roll my eyes at reviewers saying this because they fucking pay to go see the next one every damn time. If you dont like the direction the studio is taking, stop paying them. You can still see the movie without paying. It's called pirating. I haven't paid to see an MCU film since No Way Home.

• Thanks 1

https://deadline.com/2023/02/box-office-ant-man-and-the-wasp-quantumania-opening-1235263086/

SATURDAY PM: Industry estimates tonight have Disney/Marvel Studios Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania heading to a $33.9M Saturday, -26% from Friday+previews $46M which will get the Peyton Reed directed threequel to a $109M 3-day, potential $127.5M 4-day. These numbers do not come from Disney. The studio could be slightly higher or lower in the AM, but exhibition and the Burbank lot are in for a rich weekend.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 4:41 AM, Liiviig 1998 said:

That's a major plothole.

That's Ricky and Morty writers for you

DS2 and Loki had major plot hole issues to and even would straight up contradict rules set up beforehand.

Even think some have barely watched movies and don't follow up to see what was setup in previous

installments. As a result world

building has gone to shit and lots of stuff is happening which is either contradicting what came before or underdeveloped and rushed.

To be fair to the Rick and morty writers, that plot hole was first done by Markus and McFeely since AMATW already showed that Janet aged 30 years in the quantum realm but Scott didn’t for some reason in Endgame. Since Scott was floating in whatever and Janet was actually on a land mass, I just assume it’s 2 diiferent levels of the QR. There was another plot hole in the movie that I haven’t seen anyone else mention yet but it’s a spoiler.

13 hours ago, Alex SciChannel said:

I never really got the appeal of the MCU. Especially later phases. It just seems so bland and boring. The Disney+ shows even more so. I also see a lot of people complaining about how the MCU is destroying cinema. And how there's mediocre to poor word of mouth with these recent movies. And I can't help but roll my eyes at reviewers saying this because they fucking pay to go see the next one every damn time. If you dont like the direction the studio is taking, stop paying them. You can still see the movie without paying. It's called pirating. I haven't paid to see an MCU film since No Way Home.

Have you ever heard of the sunk cost fallacy?

I just saw this and Pfeiffermania indeed.  She was selling the shit out of stuff that had no right to be sold. Such a talent. She's also the most beautiful human being ever but we all already knew that.

Movie was kinda fun, kinda lame. I liked all the weird Saturday morning cartoon stuff, but everyone bar Pfeiffer gets lost here. I know Majors was good and everyone is willing Kang to be great, but that was a really confusing and weird introduction. Also, has anyone ever been more visibly bored in one of these than Douglas is here? I never stopped laughing at Modok.

Definitely a better time than the second which is sinfully boring.

I enjoyed this, it was silly fun which is pretty much all I expect from an Ant Man movie. I think some people are expecting far too much from funny book movies at the moment based on some of the scathing reviews that I’ve seen. Also, the complaints about the VFX and green screen are totally redundant in my opinion, could the VFX have been better? Yeah, probably, but when the film is set in somewhere called the “Quantum Realm” you can hardly shoot on location. Avatar 2 spending 5 years in post is how you get VFX that looks that good, you’re never going to get that from Marvel, so we might as well just accept it.

Kang was interesting and I look forward to seeing more of him.

Edited by SnokesLegs

3 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

I enjoyed this, it was silly fun which is pretty much all I expect from an Ant Man movie. I think some people are expecting far too much from funny book movies at the moment based on some of the scathing reviews that I’ve seen. Also, the complaints about the VFX and green screen are totally redundant in my opinion, could the VFX have been better? Yeah, probably, but when the film is set in somewhere called the “Quantum Realm” you can hardly shoot on location. Avatar 2 spending 5 years in post is how you get VFX that looks that good, you’re never going to get that from Marvel, so we might as well just accept it.

Kang was interesting and I look forward to seeing more of him.

Maybe marvel should have taken more time with the film. Not everyone needs to accept their factory product.

On 2/18/2023 at 3:49 AM, Verrows said:

I can talk about this openly because it's not a spoiler and doesn't even have anything to do with this movie specifically.

I just realized something: why did the time rules in the quantum realm that applied to Scott when he was trapped there not apply when Janet was stuck there? Scott was gone for 5 years but was only stuck in the quantum real for 5 hours or whatever. By the same logic, Janet should have only been there for 30 hours or so.

Because Scott fell into a time vortex. That's the same way the Avengers were able to use the Quantum Realm to travel through time in Endgame.