TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

54 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I disagree the movie is a 2/5 And the worst marvel movie.

But every movie will have hyperbolic criticisms. The score is telling of what the consensus was and it was that it's a 5.7 movie, not too different from your personal score.

3 minutes ago, Flamengo81 said:

But every movie will have hyperbolic criticisms. The score is telling of what the consensus was and it was that it's a 5.7 movie, not too different from your personal score.

For most people a 6/10 rating would be mediocre at best. 

Out of theater reaction:

6/10

Not as bad as critics were saying but still not great. Really weak script overall, and the jokes felt like something out of Rick and Morty 

Worldbuilding was phenomenal and the CGI was great considering how bad recent MCU films have looked 

Kang lived up to the hype and Jonathan is going to kill it in the future projects

I was really bored throughout the film and I felt disconnected whenever Kang wasn't on the screen

End credits didn't excite me at all 

Some positives Disney can take out of this going into Avengers 5 and 6: I guess it's better to have a bad Antman film with a great Kang introduction than have a great film with a bad Kang introduction

7 hours ago, eddyxx said:

I disagree the movie is a 2/5 And the worst marvel movie. If anything it’s on the same level as Iron Man 3 or Age of Ultron but I’ve seen the worst of marvel and it had a Norse god flying his weapon like a witch in it.

5 stars - Infinity War

4 stars - GOTG 2

3 Stars Antman 3

2 stars  - Thor: L and T

1 star - they haven’t made a movie that bad yet but the above Thor movie definitely was pushing it 🤷‍♂️

The point of rt is to aggregate point of views and create a CONSENSUS. Singling out one single review that disliked it more than you did is nonsensical. At the end of the day the critic consensus is extremely close to your score, so if anything critics slam dunked this one for you. But even then, the point of reviews is just to give an *indication*, you DON'T have to agree with them each and every time. Frankly speaking it would be weirder if you never disagreed with critics.

...which, speaking of, given the B cinemascore, it just reiterates the point: critic reactions have been correlating REALLY well with audiences for the mcu. 2 rottens, 2 flat Bs.

• Like 3

I can talk about this openly because it's not a spoiler and doesn't even have anything to do with this movie specifically.

I just realized something: why did the time rules in the quantum realm that applied to Scott when he was trapped there not apply when Janet was stuck there? Scott was gone for 5 years but was only stuck in the quantum real for 5 hours or whatever. By the same logic, Janet should have only been there for 30 hours or so.

B Cinemascore means this is the second MCU movie I’m not leaving my house to watch.

There’s something deeply troubling about the quality of these MCU movies and it deserves investigation. Do we know if Big Kevin is in good health? Have we seen him without the hat? What happened to testing the movies and reshooting them?

52 minutes ago, Verrows said:

I can talk about this openly because it's not a spoiler and doesn't even have anything to do with this movie specifically.

I just realized something: why did the time rules in the quantum realm that applied to Scott when he was trapped there not apply when Janet was stuck there? Scott was gone for 5 years but was only stuck in the quantum real for 5 hours or whatever. By the same logic, Janet should have only been there for 30 hours or so.

That's a major plothole.

That's Ricky and Morty writers for you

DS2 and Loki had major plot hole issues to and even would straight up contradict rules set up beforehand.

Even think some have barely watched movies and don't follow up to see what was setup in previous

installments. As a result world

building has gone to shit and lots of stuff is happening which is either contradicting what came before or underdeveloped and rushed.

Edited by Liiviig 1998
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Verrows said:

They cover their arses in End Game with this (but not in a Doctor Who, have the main character spell out why it allows for inconsistencies sort of way and joke it off) - technically they just say time in the Quantum Realm ‘works differently’ which is why they are actually able to travel back through time (I mean why Scott decided this was feasible due to slowed time is beyond me, but that’s the script).

They never say 1 minute = 1 year, just ‘it works different’. It’s a shit answer and a single line could just explain it away but the writer seem to want to gloss over things rather than give a jumbo jump answer.

Headcannon - the quantum realm has different pockets of existence, the pocket which supports life (where Janet was) runs in parallel with normal time. Other regions of the quantum realm are time traps and that’s where Scott was.

Honest answer - they need Scott to somehow become secret genius and not a man whose gone mad floating in empty space for 5 years (if he somehow doesn’t starve to death!).

it wouldn’t be hard for Marvel to come up with a line but that just shows their lack of craft in recent years.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

That's a major plothole.

That's Ricky and Morty writers for you

DS2 and Loki had major plot hole issues to and even would straight up contradict rules set up beforehand.

Even think some have barely watched movies and don't follow up to see what was setup in previous

installments. As a result world

building has gone to shit and lots of stuff is happening which is either contradicting what came before or underdeveloped and rushed.

Rick and Morty writers for sure but this was technically a plot hope before this movie was even conceived. The inconsistency happens as soon as Scott escapes in Endgame because we knew Janet was stuck in the quantum real for 30 years back in Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018).

Sigh. @Sckathian's head canon is as good as anything I guess.

Edited by Verrows