TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

i don't know. The first trailer got me hyped. It was mysterious. This is showing more like the movie actually could be and honestly doesn't seem like particularly  out of the expactions like i thought it could have been. Let's see. 

The cinematography looks so good. I think it was @Porthos who mentioned that even in the "dark" scenes you can still see what is going on and that is missing from movies nowadays.

This comment on the trailer was kind of funny

I’m seated. The theater employees are scared and asking me to leave because it’s “not October yet” but I’m simply too seated

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

A bit longer than the first but not super out of the ordinary as far as bloated sequel runtimes go, especially given there's another main character focus here

55 minutes ago, Firepower said:

For people who complained he wasn't bad enough in the first one, it seems like he's more of a villain this time and actually doing Joker stuff.

I think those people completely miss the point. Joker in the first movie may not be "bad" enough but he inspire bad, he prove that you don't need to be powerful, intelligent, highly skilled manipulative to be a great villain.  Everyone in every unseen corner of the world can be a villain. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

somehow I think the this movie will deliver many many memes 😭

3332b199f63607b6576f58595b8d0cdd49974cc3

Right on que for Olympics

Love that trailer. Solid and effective. The cinematography is to die for.

Seems like they're keeping a lot of Gaga's parts under wraps and keeping the focus majorly on Joaquin for the trailers, smart move from a marketing (at least catering to the original movie audience) standpoint.

150M+ OW.

Can’t wait for the new All That Jazz remake from Todd Phillips. Anyways the visuals look very good and the concept is interesting and hopefully this can have more narrative substance than ape-ing whatever movie Phillips was impressed by.