TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

When they say this is a musical, I would assume that just means that Lady Gaga will have a couple of imagine spots where she breaks into song, with one of them possibly being a duet with Phoenix. 

Oh, what that one scene in 'Batman Beyond" has wrought......

3 hours ago, AnDr3s said:

joker is a divisive movie that has more 10/10 in rotten tomatoes than logan and the dark knight

But, boy, did it make bank. One billion on a 55 Milliion investment. every studio could use lots of divisive movies like that.

• Like 1

Seriously -- what's going to take this thing so long?  Why couldn't they get it done and out for October next year?  One would presume with the script ready and Gaga being "unofficially" attached for a long while, that the songs have already brewed, too.  It's probably not going to be a big "special effects" movie, per se, either...but of course I expect more "spectacle" and dreamlike scenarios considering the genre choice and natural upgrade in sequel-status.  

Edited by Macleod

42 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Seriously -- what's going to take this thing so long?  Why couldn't they get it done and out for October next year?  One would presume with the script ready and Gaga being "unofficially" attached for a long while, that the songs have already brewed, too.  It's probably not going to be a big "special effects" movie, per se, either...but of course I expect more "spectacle" and dreamlike scenarios considering the genre choice and natural upgrade in sequel-status.  

Has it been said that the script is ready?

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Scheduling, in all likelihood. Assuming this isn't filming until late this year/early next year (which seems likely since the rest of the cast is now starting to fill out), that gives it both plenty of time in post and for the actors to sort out their availability with other projects for when it comes time for the promo tour. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Has it been said that the script is ready?

Of course, it's ready since at least May. Production is set to begin this December per Deadline. It could be ready by October 4, 2023, it'll be sitting on a shelve for another year till the release date, unless they change it.

Gaga is officially attached, I mean it was announced on her and Todd Phillips' social media with a teaser posted here.

Edited by Firepower

Warner Bros is releasing a lot of movies next year, why overstuff the year?

1 minute ago, Firepower said:

Of course, it's ready since at least May. Production is set to begin this December per Deadline. It could be ready by October 4, 2023, it'll be sitting on a shelve for another year till the release date, unless they change the release date.

I thought Phillips was still working on the script back in May?

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I thought Phillips was still working on the script back in May?

I mean they make revisions before and after production start, just like on any other movie, but the script overall has been ready for a while, Phillips posted title page with a photo of Phoenix reading the script back in May.

Edited by Firepower

3 hours ago, Firepower said:

Of course, it's ready since at least May. Production is set to begin this December per Deadline. It could be ready by October 4, 2023, it'll be sitting on a shelve for another year till the release date, unless they change it.

Gaga is officially attached, I mean it was announced on her and Todd Phillips' social media with a teaser posted here.

Gaga has been unofficially rumored with this thing for months and months, that's what I meant.  

3 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Warner Bros is releasing a lot of movies next year, why overstuff the year?

Didn't know that.  I'm just saying...they should strike with the momentum of this thing, I wouldn't wait another year.  And if the movie is moving and casting, it's a "go" in terms of at least the basic approved script.  

Edited by Macleod

3 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Gaga has been unofficially rumored with this thing for months and months, that's what I meant.  

Didn't know that.  I'm just saying...they should strike with the momentum of this thing, I wouldn't wait another year.  And if the movie is moving and casting, it's a "go" in terms of at least the basic approved script.  

March: Aquaman (post production)

April: Salem's Lot (post production, pushed from 2022)

June: The Flash (lmao)

July: Barbie (finished filming)

August: The Meg (post? filming?)

August: Blue Beetle (filming?)

November: Dune 2 (filming)

Dec: Wonka (filmed last year)

Dec: The Color Purple (filming?)

They also have Bong's new film with Pattinson in production soon

• Like 2