TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

11 hours ago, AnDr3s said:

which musical is he gonna copy?

"Sweeney Todd", folks, I'm telling you!!  😂

But Kevin Smith's "Jersey Girl" got to it first!  😁

Edited by Macleod

46 minutes ago, Cap said:

Hahahaha. This would’ve been AMAZING

They wouldn’t have been able to keep a lid on it, but experiencing that sudden seismic tone shift without anybody knowing about it would’ve been the ultimate joke.

The more I think about it, the more I’m kind of okay with it being a musical. Joker getting a standard, run of the mill sequel would’ve been disappointing, so for them to take such a big swing indicates that they aren’t purely doing it for the money. Sort of makes sense when you think about how much he dances in the original too, guessing we’ll just hear what he’s dancing to.

• Like 1

My guess is this will be a "sequel" in name/franchise-studio only, i.e. like Tim Burton's "Batman Returns" which was a follow-up to the 1989 film, but barely referenced anything from it.  This will also be very much its own "thing."  

Funny how all roads lead back to Batman...  Warner Bros., Phoenix/Joker, Gaga/Harley, and if my above guess holds true...Sweeney Todd homages, as first put on film by Burton, Affleck ("Jersey Girl" has numerous Affleck/Batman jokes, 10 years before he played him)  

22 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Why are people acting like it’s surprising that Todd Phillips would be allowed to do what he wants with the sequel after the first movie made a billion dollars? 

Especially when it only cost around $60 mil for production!

A person connected to the Warner inner circle told me last night that he’s hearing the “Joker 2: Joie de Vivre” screenplay has shades of Leos Carax’s “Holy Motors.”

According to World of Reel, the screenplay is inspired by Holy Motors (2012).

• Astonished 2

I'm leaning towards this being another fake movie announcement fed by Warner to the trades to distract the public from ongoing drama. First it was a Jason Momoa Frosty movie against the backdrop of the Ray Fisher drama, now it's this against the backdrop of HBO Max's impending death. I'll be amazed if this actually gets made under the brutal, cutthroat Zaslav regime, because it'd certainly make them look like hypocrites.

• ...wtf 1