TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

25 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

That's also a long time for post production.

Yep, so no excuses, it needs to be *great.*  And it seems like they are giving it the time to be.  

...But if I were a Warner exec, I would have pushed for this to be out by Oct. '23. 

Who knows what state the studio, DC, and world could be in by Oct. '24... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Yep, so no excuses, it needs to be *great.*  And it seems like they are giving it the time to be.  

...But if I were a Warner exec, I would have pushed for this to be out by Oct. '23. 

Who knows what state the studio, DC, and world could be in by Oct. '24... 

Well there don't seem to be any other DC movies locked for 2024 to be fair. Maybe The Batman 2?

21 hours ago, poweranimals said:

Well there don't seem to be any other DC movies locked for 2024 to be fair. Maybe The Batman 2?

I don't think "DC" branding has anything to do with this one or where it slots in release date...as they seem to have a push-pull internally on whether they even want to group it with those other "universe" films... Todd Phillips and Phoenix clearly prefer for it to be its own thing. 

On 10/8/2022 at 9:46 PM, cax16 said:

Gunn already said on Twitter like a month ago that we’d see Harley (Margot) again, so not sure this interview really means much tbh. 

This is really strange. Why do they keep complicating things lol. Reeves Batman will feature different joker, we already have 2 different Batman currently. Who knows who is going to replace Affleck. DC already have like 3 jokers. It's fucking confusing 

11 hours ago, Nero said:

This is really strange. Why do they keep complicating things lol. Reeves Batman will feature different joker, we already have 2 different Batman currently. Who knows who is going to replace Affleck. DC already have like 3 jokers. It's fucking confusing 

We have three live-action film Batmen as currently shot...  😁  Now it's just a matter of who sticks around or not.  Honestly, I think they're going to ride the wave and see how THE FLASH does, and go from there...  There probably won't be a Batman in Phillips/Phoenix JOKER universe...and who knows whether Reeves' series will actually feature The Joker anytime soon...  A Batman trilogy without The Joker would be a pretty daring move...but I'm open to it...plenty of other neglected Batman villains to use/revive/introduce to global audiences.  And Reeves' universe Joker is still not really "official"...as he was cut from the released movie.  

Edited by Macleod

Ben Affleck recently started his own independent production company with Matt Damon, which he claims he’s going to be making all of his movies from now on, so that might potentially rule out him playing Batman after the Flash movie. I think they’ll probably try to stick with Keaton for the DCU.

39 minutes ago, Macleod said:

And Reeves' universe Joker is still not really "official"...as he was cut from the released movie.  

He’s still in the finished movie. His scene’s near the end when he’s talking to the Riddler. 

Edited by WittyUsername

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

He’s still in the finished movie. His scene’s near the end when he’s talking to the Riddler. 

He's still only credited as "Unseen Arkham Prisoner" at the end of the movie...so Reeves could still go either way with it.