TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

lady gaga got bradley cooper to #1 on the charts now she's gonna joaquin to #1 with their love ballad duet "You're What I Fucking Deserve" 

becoming the most sucessful film of all time :circles:

53 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

He hates the media, she loves the sound of her own voice, hopefully they'll balance each other out. I can see their acting processes/styles really not meshing.

If this is a musical, they're roping Cooper into it somehow, right?

Never paid that much attention to the inner workings of  Joker, but apparently Bradley Cooper was one of the producers of the film, and even helped out on post.  Wouldn't shock me to hear that Cooper helped sell Lady Gaga on the role or played some role in getting her in Joker 2.

Either way, yes.  What Batman character would be good for Cooper, anyway? YiBe40t.png

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, Porthos said:

Never paid that much attention to the inner workings of  Joker, but apparently Bradley Cooper was one of the producers of the film, and even helped out on post.  Wouldn't shock me to hear that Cooper helped sell Lady Gaga on the role or played some role in getting her in Joker 2.

Either way, yes.  What Batman character would be good for Cooper, anyway? YiBe40t.png

Hugo Strange with a modern twist.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Porthos said:

Twitter's Reaction in Gif Form:

survivor-shocked.gif

===

Oh man, Twitter is already starting to get at each other's throats over this. Between the  subset of nerds who have an utterly allergic reaction to the word "musical", to the folks who love Margot Robbie's interpretation of the character and don't want to see anyone else play the role, to the Little Monsters themselves, to finally the folks who just love Messy Drama, this has the makings of a Cat 5 storm on Twitter that we haven't seen in a long time.

(the fight on Twitter that is — no idea how good or bad the film is gonna be, if it even goes down that road)

It's coming from a trade so the story is very likely real, but why does a "Joker/Harley musical directed by Todd Phillips" also read like Mad Libs fake news designed for clicks? Sure, Joaquin sings too, it would be a fresh angle, Gaga has been rumored for months, so the elements are there for this to make sense on some level. But, if WB came out in two days and said, "We don't know what The Hollywood Reporter is talking about, this isn't actually a thing," I wouldn't be totally surprised either? Like, months later it'll be revealed that Zaslav was trying to get to the bottom of a leaker inside WB and started different fake Joker 2 rumors around the office to see which one got out.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

It's coming from a trade so the story is very likely real, but why does a "Joker/Harley musical directed by Todd Phillips" also read like Mad Libs fake news designed for clicks? Sure, Joaquin sings too, it would be a fresh angle, Gaga has been rumored for months, so the elements are there for this to make sense on some level. But, if WB came out in two days and said, "We don't know what The Hollywood Reporter is talking about, this isn't actually a thing," I wouldn't be totally surprised either? Like, months later it'll be revealed that Zaslev was trying to get to the bottom of a leaker inside WB and started different fake Joker 2 rumors around the office to see which one got out.

tyrion-tortures-pycelle-anatomy-of-a-thr

With the Todd/Bradley connection and seeing how fast this was announced I'd say she was the first choice (wouldn't rule out it was written with her in mind, it's a musical after all).

Now... it being a musical titled after a psychiatric term starring Gaga as Harley Quinn sounds like an origin story. 

I’m not remotely surprised about the Lady Gaga casting (everyone was predicting it anyway), but the part about it being a musical is not something I was expecting to hear. I don’t particularly care for musicals, but if this movie really has to exist, at least they’re apparently doing something different. 

So, just to recap, since 2016, we’ve had three Jokers and two Batmen, and now we’re getting a second Harley Quinn. To Matt Reeves, whatever you do, please don’t give us another Harley Quinn.