TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

18 minutes ago, Lucas said:

So is this now gonna cost $200 million since Zaslav doesn't like the sub-100 million budgeted big movies in theaters

They’ll probably just say that this isn’t part of the main universe.

Zaslav apparently loves Phillips. 

13 minutes ago, cax16 said:

They’ll probably just say that this isn’t part of the main universe.

Zaslav apparently loves Phillips. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Zaslav tries to make the Phillipsverse the main DC movie universe moving forward. It was already reported a while back that he wants Phillips to take on an advisory role for future DC films, despite his lack of knowledge or interest in the greater DC Universe. He probably thinks Phillips is a good candidate to be DC’s Kevin Feige. 

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Zaslav tries to make the Phillipsverse the main DC movie universe moving forward. It was already reported a while back that he wants Phillips to take on an advisory role for future DC films, despite his lack of knowledge or interest in the greater DC Universe. He probably thinks Phillips is a good candidate to be DC’s Kevin Feige. 

I like most of Phillips work but I definitely don’t want him running dc movies lol. I think Zaslav just wants him to consult cause he’s good with budgets I would assume. 

37 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I'm leaning towards this being another fake movie announcement fed by Warner to the trades to distract the public from ongoing drama. First it was a Jason Momoa Frosty movie against the backdrop of the Ray Fisher drama, now it's this against the backdrop of HBO Max's impending death. I'll be amazed if this actually gets made under the brutal, cutthroat Zaslav regime, because it'd certainly make them look like hypocrites.

The Frosty announcement came from Jon Berg's studio, not WB. And that was different leadership anyways. You gotta stop pretending like how these studios work man. You're just rambling about nonsensical stuff.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 3

I think somewhere along the way things got misunderstood. WBD want to make the DC films feel like cinematic events and not straight to screaming films. If they can get that with a limited budget then all the better. Joker was just that. A 55M film that felt and looked like an event film. Basically what they say, i think, is quality over quantity. So Joker 2 is of course a film that would immediately get the green light.

• Like 1

Hmm WBD want to steal thunder of Fan4 by releasing a month before by making a gritty, serious and oscary type film. Critics will then tear apart fan4 for being a comedy/mcu generic movie. Can't catch a break.

Looking forward to Joker 2. Won't do as well as the original, which peaked at the boxoffice, but still good for 750+ million.

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

6 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Hmm WBD want to steal thunder of Fan4 by releasing a month before by making a gritty, serious and oscary type film. Critics will then tear apart fan4 for being a comedy/mcu generic movie. Can't catch a break.

Looking forward to Joker 2. Won't do as well as the original, which peaked at the boxoffice, but still good for 750+ million.

Oh yeah. Because critics loved the 1st one right? RIGHT?! lol. 

Lol. I'm sorry that makes 0 sense. If F4 is a good MCU movie, it's going to get good reviews. You're assuming being a comedy is bad. Not everything will be like Love and Thunder. If something will ever be like that. Feige knows it was atrocious. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Critics didn't exactly go easy on the first Joker either with a 69% rt and 59 metacritic...The film clicked with audiences especially overseas, not so much with critics. Plus I don't understand the reasoning to begin with. That's like saying critics would tear apart Guardians of the Galaxy 2 because it released shortly after the "gritty, serious and oscary type" Logan (which critics actually did really like). Doesn't make any sense.

21 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

The Frosty announcement came from Jon Berg's studio, not WB. And that was different leadership anyways. You gotta stop pretending like how these studios work man. You're just rambling about nonsensical stuff.

I agree, it comes across as concern trolling at times. 

Harley being explored is interesting because there are real life parallels of women who fall in love with serial killers and this could be a great take on that. 

3 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I agree, it comes across as concern trolling at times. 

Harley being explored is interesting because there are real life parallels of women who fall in love with serial killers and this could be a great take on that. 

IMHO Batman:The Animated Series explored that pretty well. It's amazing how much Timm was able to get away with in that regard in a show that had to keep the kid' audience in mind.