TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

I’ll reserve judgment till I see it myself, but I can’t comprehend what exactly this movie could’ve done that would cause not just critics, but audiences at large to reject it to this extent. How is this even possible? Did Todd Phillips pull a Freddy Got Fingered here or something? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I’ll reserve judgment till I see it myself, but I can’t comprehend what exactly this movie could’ve done that would cause not just critics, but audiences at large to reject it to this extent. How is this even possible? Did Todd Phillips pull a Freddy Got Fingered here or something? 

I mean, aside ending and musical aspect that shouldn't have caused rejection to this extent, there are wild things mentioned in Spoiler Thread by WorkingonaName (page 5), that I suspect could cause such a strong riot from audiences and fanboys. 

Edited by Firepower

1 hour ago, XXRDJisDoctorDoom said:

I can’t fathom that this film is being so poorly received by the audience that it got 1/2 star Post Trak from the audience in previews night. Idk how TP and WB shut the bed like this on a film that should have been aiming for a billion.

Have you seen it? I liked JOKER 2 and I'm not shocked by the audience scores at all. Every atom in its DNA is designed to be unsatisfying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ViewerAnon said:

Have you seen it? I liked JOKER 2 and I'm not shocked by the audience scores at all. Every atom in its DNA is designed to be unsatisfying.

"...

"What do you call your new act?"

Edited by Porthos

Imagine writing a tweet knowing how the reviews have been so you can take a selfie afterwards for cred. That is exactly the crowd that Todd Phillips is laughing his ass off at tonight. I kind of love it - lol. 

Hopefully will see it by the end of the weekend. 

23 minutes ago, Porthos said:

"...

"What do you call your new act?"

5 minutes ago, Nero said:

Joker 2

I mean, I'm just sayin' that the more I hear about this movie the more I am reminded about that infamous routine.

Spoiler

For people unawares of what I am referring to [and I know VA isn't one of them]:

The Aristocrats (WIkipedia)

One of the reasons this is doing poorly is because the world has moved on from 2019. No one cares about “incel uprisings” anymore. (They also saw that play out in The Batman’s third act for some reason.)

Joker is part of culture that got left behind before the pandemic.

4 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

One of the reasons this is doing poorly is because the world has moved on from 2019. No one cares about “incel uprisings” anymore. (They also saw that play out in The Batman’s third act for some reason.)

Joker is part of culture that got left behind before the pandemic.

An incel uprising literally happened in 2021 lol

• Haha 1