Eric S'ennui

FROZEN II WEEKEND THREAD | 130.26M OW | BLACK FRIDAY WEEK SALE: Gold Accounts 25% OFF | I like warm hugs and I cannot lie | No Knives Out Spoilers :)

5 hours ago, Nova said:

Literally no one even tried making this argument so I’m not sure where this is coming from. The discussion was whether Frozen II/animation films are strictly for kids or not. Not whether adult films should stop being made in favor of four quadrant films. 

I literally thought the same to myself and was gonna post before I saw ur post. Like dude, the hell are u talking about?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

So, um...

Spoiler

Hide contents

• Elsa is so pretty and pretty much as gay as they make her knowing that China and Alabama exist
  • The animation is GORGEOUS.  My GAWD.  
  • < SPOILER > and < MANDALORIAN SPOILER > need to have have Cute Off or a Disney+ Series
  • Anna, Olaf and Kristoff got MAJOR upgrades
  • It's a very different story than the first one; for better and for worse.
  • I love that it's a more complex and mature story. It reminds me a bit of how Toy Story 3 is a children's Pixar film, but it was also made for all the 20-somethings that were Andy's age at Toy Story 1 and are now Andy's age in Toy Story 3.  It feels like it was made to grow with its audience.
  • For all this talk about "kid's movies" and "kids stuff" this film doesn't shy away from mature themes or complicated issues.
  • Lost In the Woods is a STAND OUT.  Show Yourself probably's taking home the Oscar.  It is also going to be sung at every High School musical audition from here to eternity.  
  • It somehow feels both like ten minutes too long and fifteen minutes too short.
  • I can't wait to watch it again
  • ELSA IS SO PRETTY.  A+ Character Design.  

Show Yourself or Into the Unknown? Show Yourself is amazing, but has a more complex composition, while Into the Unknown has multiple belting parts that are perfect for audition song. Also, I think Disney is pushing Into the Unknown instead.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

I am an adult, and I have no children, and I'm going at least twice.  I have tickets tonight and then the fam wants to go over Thanksgiving.

Same for me. 

Why does it need to be said in 2019?

No, Frozen is not just for families and kids exactly like Star Wars isn't just for older white males. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

PS: when can we expect the numbers? 

Since Deadline didn't bother to steal from our Tracking thread  make a report based on their sources, sometime early in the US morning.  Prob about three to five hours from now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Since Deadline didn't bother to steal from our Tracking thread  make a report based on their sources, sometime early in the US morning.  Prob about three to five hours from now.

Thanks!

Not sure I'll be able to be here when it happens as I have an appointment but hey I'll do my best.