Eric Loves Rey

Monday (11/25) Thread: Frozen II 12.77

Saw 21 Bridges today.  Nothing really new in the cop genre and you can see where it's going right from the five minute mark.  Still very enjoyable and T'Challa is very likable in his role....and Taylor Kitsch is literally unrecognizable as one of the bad guys.

25 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Also, film is good. Solid return to the characters but without the "new" elements that helped the first feel fresh. Solid B+/A- but definitely not going to set the world on fire wom wise.

So, worth a cheap Tuesday outing, but not a Saturday night evening one:)...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

just realized apart from Joker, i have not watch a non disney film in theater this year....

I think that applies to a lot of people this year though 

Have you watched anything that’ll gross under 1B?

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Have you watched anything that’ll gross under 1B?

Shazam! B+

KOTM B

Annabelle Comes Home B-

Pet Sematary C-

Gonna add Hustlers to that list soon and maybe SW9 😛

Also Knives Out.

Edited by a2k
  • Haha 1

Used to be I'd have watched most of the non-Disney ones but living in the middle of nowhere and working 2 jobs keeps my time from being open. Last theater outing was Spidey back July until today but yeah, taking my kids to a rare film is most of what I can see. 🤷‍♂️ its life - redbox and Netflix like me though lol

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, worth a cheap Tuesday outing, but not a Saturday night evening one:)...

Oh Id have not complained if it was just my wife and I on a Saturday, but I have never taken the kids to non matinee/ cheap tuesdays - too expensive 😂

I think the stunning WOM from Frozen 1 just cant be replicated its perfectly fine just not "new" imo. That being said, you can tell the "lets make it more broadway esq than a Disney film" at play with how the music works in the film - one of the parts I actually really liked, but then again I am a big musical fan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

just realized apart from Joker, i have not watch a non disney film in theater this year....

I think that applies to a lot of people this year though 

Dude, you need to branch out:).  For only 2019 released movies, I have:

Non-Disney: (counting any Fox movies that predate the merger:) - Joker (spouse and I only), Spidey FFH, Shazam, Pokemon Detective Pikachu, Lego Movie 2, Addams Family, Wonder Park, Angry Birds 2, and The Kid Who Would Be King

Disney: Avengers Endgame (spouse and I only) and Aladdin (and I have Star Wars tickets, so I'll count that, too:).

So, 12 movies (with Jumanji likely, too for 13) and only 3 Disney...so, I guess I'm a huge outlier:)... 

And having counted, I'm right on my 12-14 movies in theater per year...I thought I saw less, but I guess somehow I found a lot of good deals, since I don't bother subscribing with 4 kids:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

40 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Oh Id have not complained if it was just my wife and I on a Saturday, but I have never taken the kids to non matinee/ cheap tuesdays - too expensive 😂

I think the stunning WOM from Frozen 1 just cant be replicated its perfectly fine just not "new" imo. That being said, you can tell the "lets make it more broadway esq than a Disney film" at play with how the music works in the film - one of the parts I actually really liked, but then again I am a big musical fan. 

I buy amc tickets on eBay. For all 3 of us it's with a large popcorn and 2 drinks it's like $25. To me that's not bad. Granted I only go to like 12 movies a year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Personally I disagree. It was nearly as good as Aladdin. I enjoyed that as much as End Game. In my top 3 movies of the year.

I still don't fully get the Aladdin hype. To me it was a decent remake but nothing more, third act was a lot worse than the original though it was nice they gave Jasmine a bigger role. I didn't think it was close to as good as F2 let alone Endgame.

• Like 2

Just now, Menor said:

I still don't fully get the Aladdin hype. To me it was a decent remake but nothing more, third act was a lot worse than the original though it was nice they gave Jasmine a bigger role. I didn't think it was close to as good as F2 let alone Endgame.

Oh I liked it even more. My daughter's reaction was like it is during Christmas. This obviously skews me and I saw in Dolby which made it unbelievable. I LOVED the music and I thought Naomi Scott was incredible.

Aladdin had more problems than Frozen 2 but had more magic for me musically. Had Lion King not sucked musically and ruined nearly every song (sans Be Prepared damn that was good) I would liked the more.

Mind you I LOVED end game. However how I enjoy films has changed drastically in the past 5 years. I derive so much more satisfaction from seeing my daughter enjoy it.

Either way Frozen 2 is likely to end up #2 or #3 for me in 2019. Pretty high praise.